It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2006, 06:38 PM   #1
(female)

Rianna HB User
Does anyone get a "burning" feeling in chest from anxiety?

I tend to get very anxious in the mornings..however, I know why this happens, and it is because I drink coffee - about two cups - sometimes three. I have tried to cut back, but I still feel anxious - even one cup makes me anxious. I then try 1/2 decaf and 1/2 regular, because I would like to stop drinking coffee altogether, as I know that is contributing to my anxiety. I have also tried to stop drinking sodas to no avail, although I have cut back to having half a glass of Pepsi a day. I then start having anxious/negative thoughts in the shower, and then have to take a Klonopin (0.5mg). The 1/2 decaf and 1/2 regular makes me feel worse - perhaps I am allergic to the chemical process in the decaf process used to make coffee. I have tried to stop drinking coffee (cold turkey) and get horrible headaches and very shaky, then I start to drink it again.

In the late afternoon the anxiety returns, and I have a burning feeling in my chest along with the anxiety. I am not working, but looking for work, and I start to worry about paying my bills, being a month behind on my car payment, thinking they will take the car from me...I start feeling guilty because I have had to ask my Dad for financial help and I am 44 years old. That only contributes to the anxiety. I wish I could find a good self help book on how to calm my nerves and help with anxiety - to be at peace and stop living in fear and to have faith that things will be alright..that I have been provided for this long and have a roof over my head, two happy cats, a great Dad, and good friends..yet I still think anxious thoughts and I want it all to go away - I feel like such a burden to my Dad since I am not working. I take another Klonopin (0.5mg) and the burning sensation in my chest disappears. Does anyone else have this problem? I even feel guilty for taking two Klonopins a day. Thanks for listening.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rianna For This Useful Post:
hojo234 (10-09-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2006, 12:34 AM   #2
(female)

vuitton HB User
Re: Does anyone get a "burning" feeling in chest from anxiety?

Yes, I do get a burning in my chest from anxiety! It's horrible, no one understands when I tell them that! You do....

My chest feels like its on fire, burning. NOT like acid reflux, VERY different.
Lexapro, has helped. But I can still feel that way(burning with anxiety) if I let myself go there. I work on that 24/7. Trying to stay in control...

By the way, when I do feel really bad, I take Xanax. And have been taking xanax as needed, for the last 25 years.

So if you need a Klonapin, to me its a disorder(having anxiety) and your taking your meds, just like you would with any disorder.

Last edited by vuitton; 03-29-2006 at 12:39 AM.

Old 03-29-2006, 06:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Punkdizzle HB User

i dont think i have ever got the burning... but i just wanted to say i know what you are going through trying to stop coffee & pepsi.. it was the hardest thing i ever had to do.. i love coffee and cola.. i was drinking about 4 cups of coffee a day and about 1 2ltr of pepsi a day..

i started out really slow.. and just kept cutting back little by little over a few months until i felt i could just stop.. tried it cold turkey but those headaches were brutal.. and i hated how i could just feel my body begging for it... got to the point where i just needed a cup of decaf to get my fix in the morning.. and also switched to decaf pepsi now ( can not tell a diff in taste at all with the pepsi but i sure could with the coffee)..

it did help my anxiety alot giving it up but it wasnt easy.. i guess i cant say i am 100% caffeine free yet because i am prettty sure there is still a very small amout of it in decaf coffee but its not enough to bother my anxiety..

good luck with going caffeine free! you can make it! just keep your chin up and if need be take a med on the really bad days thats what they are there for.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

the burning may well be from heartburn, a type of indigestion, read up about it on the net

Old 03-29-2006, 11:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

I get this usualy in the deep left side or above or in my ribcage mine is burning like indigestion or heartburn which is probably what it is being it only seems to come on when I lay in bed

Last edited by tnmomofive; 03-29-2006 at 11:25 AM.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:09 PM   #6
(female)

Rianna HB User

Thanks to everyone who replied. I do know what heart burn is and have researched it on the internet and have been tested for that, and have had several EKG's done, but it is not heartburn or anything wrong with my heart..so they say. When I take a Klonopin..the burning goes away..so the only way I see it, is that the burning must be related to anxiety. Thanks to all of you for your positive responses.

Closed Thread