It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2006, 04:42 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
Just took preg test & Positive tonight..on Xanax!

very scared....was 5 days late so i tested myself tonight...just got a postive result! first child and so scared, nervous and afraid of the unknown! have anxiety and was taking a xanax a day .25mg dose and am now scared i harmed the fetus! anyone else do this before they knew??????

Old 04-02-2006, 05:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User
Re: Just took preg test & Positive tonight..on Xanax!

hey congradulations!!! i really doubt you did any harm especially at such a early stage, imagine some of the really bad stuff some of these people do and even know they are, even the full 9 months and there kids are fine.your on a low dose so i wouldnt worry so much "thats even worse". just talk to your dr and im sure everything will be fine. im a dad and i think i was more afraid than my wife was, its normal!! best wishes

Last edited by hyper79; 04-02-2006 at 05:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2006, 06:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

THANKS...YOU PUT MY MIND AT EASE FOR THE NIGHT.

Old 04-02-2006, 07:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User

I agree with hyper. I wouldn't worry right now. I'd just stop the xanax and tell your ob when you see him/her. I was taking meds whenI found out I was pregnant with my 2nd child and he's just fine...he's 10 now. Also, my anxiety/panic disorder was 100% better when I was pregnant both times! That's just the way it worked for me! Congratulations!

Old 04-02-2006, 08:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

By all means stop the Xanax NOW!!! If you think you'll go thru withdrawal..call your doc immediately and let him know the story................no Xanax while pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what's addictive to you is addictive to your child!!

Old 04-02-2006, 08:47 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

I agree you should stop the xanax.I do want to be another encourager though I too took meds while pregnant I actualy took Paxil and Kolonopin through the entire pregnancy with my 4th child he will turn 3 years old the end of this month and very healthy.......so just talk to your doctor about the xanax about how to stop but I am sure your baby will be fine oh CONGRATS!!

Old 04-03-2006, 04:28 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

thanks all...don'[t plan on taking anymore..was just concerned knwoing that i just took one yesterday and got the positive result as well yesterday. plus i only took one .25mg per day if PER day......

will keep you posted..i hope i'm with you...my aniexty goes away with all the other things on my mind

Old 04-03-2006, 08:38 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User

Let us know how you are doing. I am also ttc in about a year or so.. Im so afraid of it though becuase of my anxiety. Im not on any meds right now. Just trying to go day by day!! Are you scared at all? I just hope I will be able to get through it when the time comes for me. .25 is the lowest dose so the baby should be fine.. I would try and wean yourself off of them though. Just take a half for a few days.. Good luck!!

Old 04-03-2006, 08:47 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

i'm a nervous wreck! i have no idea what to expect, how i'll be and not looking forward to labor...never have been one of these women that can't wait to go thru the preg process...i'm very happy i'm preg (despite what it appears) but i'm not looking forward to the next 9 months......would like it to be as simple as conceiving and then having the baby...plus worried about how my anxiety will be now that i'm really stressing! hopefully my mind will be on the preg and i won't focus on other issues.

i couldn't sleep last night...my mind was going a mile a mintue and was really wanting a xanax......

good luck with ttc!

Old 04-03-2006, 01:20 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

Only .25 mg. per day? That is so low. Like the other poster said, just stop now and see your doctor. Just so you know, when I was pregnant, I had a terrible time sleeping and my OB/GNN prescribed Halcion (triazolam) to help me sleep. It is a benzo just like Xanax. Don't worry, everything will be fine.

Congratulations!

Last edited by SRMom; 04-03-2006 at 01:22 PM.

Old 04-03-2006, 02:18 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

thanks sr....yes i know it's a low dose to be on and only take one a day....which i was happy about..my anxiety is horrible as of last night with this news..i'm so nervous and just downright scared! small part excited but not yet.....can't beleive it yet.....

but my need for the xanax as i mentioned wasn't even a daily thing...more prone to taking one toward the end of the work day and would take one an hour before any entering a grocery store...now i don't know what i'm going to do.......certainly don't want to risk the health of my baby. but want to have a life during these next 9 months as well!

Old 04-03-2006, 02:29 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

Might not be as hard as your thinking with all my pregnancies the anxiety was very low when I did have it I dont know what it is but with alot of women its like the anxiety dissapears during the pregnancy so hopefully this will happen for you. Although with my 4th I kept taking the medication thought the pregnancy so I never knew whether it stopped or not that was the only period of time i had taken meds at the time had been taking it for a year before i got pregnant and was scared to stop

Last edited by tnmomofive; 04-03-2006 at 02:31 PM.

Old 04-03-2006, 03:20 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

Congrats manchak!! I feel the same way you do. I am so scared of getting prego cause I just don't know what I am going to do about my meds..I mean I have to have them to function! I am going to talk to my ob gyn at my next appointment to see what she says about that. I don't want to avoid pregnancy forever because of my stupid anxiety.

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-03-2006 at 03:50 PM.

Closed Thread