It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2006, 02:13 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
new symptom

ok me again with yet another new symptom SURPRISE! lol anyway I am still having the stupid left arm little pains here and there and the indigestion and heart burn well now sometimes I notice when I am sitting and go to stand up I have like a small black shadowing in the right corner of my eyes it clears up fairly quickly but was wondering if anyone has experianced this or knows anything?

Old 04-04-2006, 02:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User
Re: new symptom

I just read about this on another thread...I think what you are describing is a "floater." They are caused by thickening in the vitreous humor of your eye. They are harmless, but I can see how they would be worrisome if you didn't know what they were.

Otherwise, if you are standing up too quickly, the change in blood pressure could cause your eyes to black out temporarily until it stabilizes again. This change in pressure happens to everyone when they change from sitting or laying down to standing up.

It's always something with us, isn't it tnmom?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2006, 02:25 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

paranoidgirl HB User

well, its me again, and surprise, i share , yet another symptom with you. lol,, i have like 6 floaters. black spots in my vision.l i hate them.. i dont think it ever had anything to do with me standing up or anything, they are just there. but, one time, i bent down, and i got a big flash in my eyes.. iu went directly to my doc then a neurologist and had a ct scan to rule out tumor. lol,, all was fine. i do not notice my eye problems anymore,, too worried about my heart... but if your wondering, spots in the vision and stuff, i'm sure, has NOTHING to do with heart problems, so stop wondering that right now. lol,,

Old 04-04-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

thanks guys

yes srmom it is always something with us lol I am starting to EXPECT this stuff now.

paranoid I am glad to know im not the only one and yeah I was starting to wonder if it would be another "heart attack" symptom lol so thanks for nipping that in the bud with me

Last edited by tnmomofive; 04-04-2006 at 02:29 PM.

Old 04-04-2006, 03:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User

yes, ive experienced black dot looking things.. i thought i was going schizo etc.. and other things but its nothing .. just dont worry
its all your nerves going crazy.

Old 04-04-2006, 06:20 PM   #6
(female)

CAK70 HB User

I have had floaters for years and it was actually my eye doctor that noticed them first through a routine eye exam...he asked me if they bothered me or got in my line of vision and I said no...he said they could be caused by anything...a fall as a kid, etc. I feel mine started once I started putting in and taking out contacts on a daily basis.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:12 PM   #7
(male)

MrShannon HB User

Hi all, I've had floaters for over a year now too. They appeared right after an extreme case of anxiety, some what of a nervous breakdown. I was sick in bed for 2 weeks. Anxiety is fun. LOL. I've gotten used to the floaters, I've even named them, it helps take the "seriousness" out of it. Cuz I'm sure you all can identify with how serious we anxiety sufferers can be. LOL.

Old 04-05-2006, 12:11 PM   #8
(female)

cloverdaze HB User

I get the left arm pain and the chest pain. At first the left arm pain was so scary. I was like it MUST be a big deal...but when I told the doctor about it he didn't think so, so...I don't know. It's so weird what our brain can convince us of and what anxiety does to us.

Old 04-05-2006, 12:46 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

it sure is clover you would think after being diagnosed almost 13 years ago id know by now lol but the thing is anyone can have a real health issue other then anxiety so when I am constantly getting different symptoms the only way to know is to keep being tested for things to rule other things out.As far as the arm pain and chest well heart problems dont really run in my family although my moms dad died pretty young of a heart attack.I havent been so worried about it the last two days im trying to just keep busy with the kids their sports and things to keep my mind off of the symptoms.

Closed Thread