It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2006, 09:20 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Weird feeling of heart when laying down trying to sleep

My normal palps felt by me come few and far between but i always feel them as my chest flipping over. Back when i was pregnant i noticed while i was laying down trying to go to sleep i could feel the skips and it like echoed in my head and i was very aware of them. Well that stopped over a year ago but now since my admission in the hospital for what i thought was a heart attack, now it is doing it again. I was let out of the hospital yesterday but while laying there having my stress pictures taken i noticed it and then lastnite while trying to go to sleep im very aware of my heart beat and can feel the skipping and extra beats, is anyone else like this or am i losing my mind? I dont notice them at all while doing stuff or watching tv or anything just while trying to lay down and sleep. Also i have now been taking some ativan and they gave me 2 doses of toprol in the er along with nitro could any of that be making this happen?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2006, 01:45 PM   #2
(male)

Mr. Jeff HB User
Re: Weird feeling of heart when laying down trying to sleep

I can only speak for myself, but I think it is common for us to notice different feelings as you are describing when lying quietly, without any other distratcions to notice our heart beating.For me, then of course when I notice something "odd" it gets worse because I am concentrating on it. But, beacuse of some of the things you are talking about, maybe you could get some answers by going to the "Heart" part of the HealthBoards.
Mr. Jeff

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread