It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2006, 09:31 AM   #1
(male)

jamar2002 HB User
Stress Leave

Has anyone ever taken stress leave from work? If so, how did you go about doing it? Was it long-term? Though yuor primary care doctor?

Old 04-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Stress Leave

welcome
IMO youa re better staying at work and learning neww ways of relaxing and calming yourself, meds also help

being off work seldom reduces the stress and returning to work is often very difficult

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2006, 01:52 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User

I agree! The only way to beat anxiety is to just keep going. I was thinking about it a while back also and decided to just keep going. I did and worked my way right through it! Good luck!!

Old 04-11-2006, 02:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

When I worked outside my home I wanted to take some stress leave for just a week. I went to my primary care doctor, who already knew I suffered from anxiety, and he gave me a note for 30 days stress leave. I never intended to take that much time, but I was fired from my job anyway. I could have gotten a lawyer and fought this, but I wasn't emotionally up to it at the time.

I'm not telling you this to sway you from taking needed time off, I'm telling you this so you can protect your job. You might be entitled to disability income, or you can invoke your FMLA rights and take the time off unpaid. I would definitely ask your doctor about this, because either way, your doctor needs to be involved in order for your job to be protected. If you work for a big company, you might want to ask the Human Resources department how you would go about this. Good luck.

Old 04-14-2006, 06:56 PM   #5
(male)

jamar2002 HB User

Well, suppose your job is causing the stress? Is it a good idea to take the stress leave and work with a mental health professional to learn how to deal with the stress of working with a difficult supervisor before you go back to work and 'explode'? I am not sayinh kill someone, but just say inappropriate and irrational things out of frustration and anger?

Thanks,

Jay

Old 04-15-2006, 04:28 AM   #6
(female)

All-alone HB User

I took stress leave back in January, it's April now and I still can't face going back, my job caused me so much stress and anxiety I was heading for a breakdown, stress leave for me saved my life.

I was getting so wound up I felt like I was going to explode at times, my doctor kept saying have some leave from work, and I kept saying no, she told me one day I would wake up and physically know I couldn't go on.

She was right that day did come. I suffer from depression as well, and then started having bad anxiety attacks. Even now I get stressed ove silly little things, but am glad I took the leave from work.

I think each person os different in how they cope, I knew I couldn't go on, some people are able to fight it and work through it.

I hope you find your answer and can do what you need to do to move on.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:11 PM   #7
(male)

jamar2002 HB User

Thanks for responding. What were/are some of your symptoms? I have different sleep cycles. Sometimes, I sleep a lot. Other times, I am up for hours. I do not want to be bothered by people at all. My doctor keeps telling me to change this, but its hard.

I am so irritable. And some days I cry for no reason. Do you have any physical pains?

Closed Thread