It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2006, 01:32 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB User
just starting lexapro

hi all -
im going to start lexapro today. right now im going through a stressful time in my life (not why im taking lexapro...i was prescribed this before something else came up). but i'm a bit on edge now, due to these personal problems, on top of my regular issues with anxiety, racing thoughts etc... maybe the lexapro is coming along at a good time?
anyhow, im nervous to start! im only taking 5mg for a week. i guess that is very low. just once i took this old med called anaphrinil and it made me so anxious my skin was crawling!
soooo, of course Im scared about the lexapro. i dont want that to happen again.
can anyone give me some conforting words to help me take that first pill?
thanks!

Old 04-15-2006, 03:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB User
Re: just starting lexapro

well, instead of waiting for responses, I just took my 5mg. Im going out now with friends so I dont sit and home wondering if im having a side effect. lol
if any of u who have taken lexapro could tell me how you felt the first few days, it would be helpful. please keep in mind Im a bit high strung right now, so if you have bad side effects to share... please remember Im feeling pretty anxious about the whole thing... and will probably get spooked easily.
thanks so much in advance for the support!

of course, with all my anticipation and anxiety of taking the pill.. i probably wont feel a single thing! that's usually how this stuff plays out for me.
thanks again

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #3
(female)

CAK70 HB User

I started 10mg taking Lexapro on April 4 and have had minimal side effects...my side effects included being VERY tired (which is now starting to go away) and lightheadedness in the morning...I take my pill at 6:00am and was feeling lightheaded around 7:30-8:00am...I read online to take the pill with a full glass of water and once I started doing that the lightheadedness went away...before starting the Lexapro, I was taking at least one Xanax a day and now since starting it, I have only had to take my Xanax 3 times in two weeks and 1 of those 3 was on the day I started the med...I am feeling a lot better and it hasn't even been 2 full weeks yet so I am feeling very optimistic that it can only get better! Good luck and let us know how you are doing on it!

Old 04-15-2006, 05:55 PM   #4
(female)

Kewky HB User

I've been on Lexapro 10mg for 9 days. It gives me a dry mouth but nothing that a piece of gum doesn't help. I started taking it at lunchtime and noticed that in the early morning I felt a little jittery so I started taking it around 8am and haven't had that feeling since. I started feeling better by the 5th day. I'm hopeful that I will feel 100% soon. I hope you do too!

Old 04-15-2006, 09:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thanks you guys.
I felt fine after taking it. had no problems this evening at all...and of crouse, I was just waiting for something!
i know its too soon to really feel anything, of course, even side effects... but i was happy to get over it and take that first pill. whether it was in my head or not, i actually felt a little calmer about 2 hours after taking it... with my other stuff going on, ive been having some panic attacks, and i didnt have them this evening... not sure if the pill could have anything to do with it at all as its soooo early. regardless, in my head or not, it was nice not to have panic attacks for a while!Its nice to read about your side effects. that stuff I can totally handle. Im thinking of taking my pills in the evening....see how that works.
anyhow thanks for the support! n Im glad to hear you two are doing well so far.

Old 04-18-2006, 06:15 AM   #6
(female)

ROxYgIrL75 HB User

I am new to this, board but i to have been told about Lexapro.. I haven't taken it, I am on the fence about it.. I feel i suffer from Anxiety,and some sort of depression..but there are so many meds out there.. it's overwhelming. It's great to read such great feedbacks thanks

Closed Thread