It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 07:54 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User
Dizziness & Hot Flashes

Yes, I am very anxious, and mostly worry about my health. Every symptom I have I wonder "what if its ?". For about 2 weeks now I have had some dizzy spells and at times along with them, hot flashes. Usually it's when I'm out in public tho (well I am having hot flashes at night too, will wake me up) Am 59, had a hysterectomy in my 40's so they are playing with compounding drugs to help me out (prometrium/testosterone and lowest dose of premarin)..Today during Mass I had another one, got a little dizzy, then started sweating ! Get to where I fear even going anywhere as I will have an "episode"...Eyes will get weird too (if that makes sense), they just get a little blurry, don't focus great. Have had tests out the whazoo (EKG's o.k, BP o.k., blood work o.k.)..Know this is a very confusing thread but needed some encouragement BADLY ~

Old 06-05-2006, 12:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Dizziness & Hot Flashes

all you mention can be from anxiety, especially the blurred vision

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2006, 01:33 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User

Hey, thank you SO much for a response, truly appreciate hearing from someone. When we are having these bad times, it helps so much ! If I can convince myself it's anxiety (JUST) and not my heart, brain tumor or some other disease I can MAKE myself get on with it but that's not always easy to do. THis a.m. at church I was telling myself I needed to drive myself to the emergency room (20 min. away), heck I was dizzy, couldn't see right...Don't think I will EVER be normal again and that is so depressing. Does it ever get better ?

Old 06-06-2006, 07:30 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User

Kayal~thanks for your response and I'm sorry you are dealing with the "demons" of anxiety too. Have you had testing done like so many of us have ? This a.m. I had another one of my "spells" while getting ready for work, face/ears got HOT, chest felt tight, dizzy..thought "this is it !" Took 1/2 of 0.5 mg. zanex and aspirin, deep breathing and tried to relax..am at work now and doing "some" better, not dead yet. How long have you had anxiety problems and what does your dr. say about them ?

So nice to have someone that understands what we deal with to visit with, thanks so very, very much for responding !!!

Old 06-06-2006, 07:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User

I also get the hot face/ears, dizzy, SOB, weakness. I have been going through this everyday for about 3 months now. Im sick of it. I take ativan as needed to help calm me down when the stuff starts. I just keep thinking these are all pre-warning signs of heart attack that is soon around the corner. I go today to my regular doctor to get my thyroid checked and to talk to him about this, the SOB is the worst lately. It feels like i cant get a deep enough breath and i yawn alot to try to get that breath. I am anxious about all these symptoms as soon as i get up i guess thats why im not getting any better, the only time i feel good is while sleeping, then as soon as i get up they all start shortly after. I have had all the test done but i just keep thinking they are missing something.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:41 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User

Confused32~
Oh, I DO sympathize with you from the bottom of my heart as you are dealing with the SAME things that I am and it STINKS. I, like you, am o.k. while sleeping and almost dread when morning comes and wondering what I'm going to feel like (and NO I don't want to feel like this but guess I do anticipate). I like you keep wondering if all the symptoms are leading to a heart attack, SCARED to death of that..I have had ALL the blood work possible and everything looks o.k., was praying for a minor problem with thyroid, something to have cause for all the symptoms. Please, please let me know what your Dr. says today and how you get along. My poor Dr. is about sick of me and I don't blame her, she see's me way too often for all of the symptoms. But how do you know for sure ????

God Bless and please keep in touch

Old 06-06-2006, 01:44 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User

Well i saw my doctor today, he thinks my heart is fine but said to stay on the ativan and i can use it regularly not just when i have an attack or get worried. He put me on prevacid for the gas which is probably what is causing the chest discomfort i think, he said to try that for a month along with the ativan and see how it goes and if im still having the problems in a month that he will ok a cardiac cath if thats what i want to have done. He said that is the only test left to do, he said it would if not anything else put my mind at ease. The jaw pain might be my teeth so i am going to make an appoitment with the dentist and maybe see if that is the cause of that symptom. The breathing problem could be the anxiety, or the thyroid if that comes back bad, so i will know about that in about a week, it sound bad but i hope my thyroid is bad and that is the cause of all my problems, that might relax me on the heart issue. He said since my dad had so many problems this might just all be in my head, which 95% of me agree's with while the other 5% thinks i have a blockage in my heart and these are the signs telling me to get it checked out ( the cardiac cath). So im going to wait and see the results of this test and then decide what to do.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:51 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User

So glad you saw your Dr. I had a heart cath about 4 yrs. ago because I KNEW I had blockage (my dad died at 45 from massive heart attack at home and I was the oldest at home)..but for awhile it eased my mind, now I'm thinking~~well it's been a long time ago. A vicous circle for those of us with anxiety. I too, take prilosec so hopefully the combination of your drugs will help you, truly pray it does. No, I go to the Dr. hoping they will tell me something is wrong (nothing bad or deadly) but some reason other then anxiety that is causing me to feel so rotten. Keep in touch please, you are so great to talk too and I DO know what you are going through, honestly do.
YOu might check with dentist, I have TMJ and it causes a great deal of pain/symptoms, NOT FUN but there is some help for that...

Last edited by dinney; 06-06-2006 at 01:53 PM.

Old 06-06-2006, 03:13 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User

Its great to have someone to talk to that knows how i feel. I can tell my family but they just dont understand. I am hoping i can get over this its just running my life these days and i hate it. I was thinking maybe i do that that TMJ so i am going to ask the dentist about that. I will definatly keep in touch if nothing else to just talk it does seem to help.

Closed Thread