It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2006, 09:07 AM   #1
(male)

Josh_B HB User
Does Anxiety cause insecurity problems with your relationship/marriage?

I find myself creating lots of nit picky problems in my relationship with my fiance lately. Almost all of them are due to my own insecurities, and constant worry about stupid things that shouldn't matter. I have semi-severe anxiety issues and now i'm beginning to wonder if it's the anxiety causing all these BS insecurities. I truely think it is, and I need some help . I do not want to lose my relationship, what can I do to help myself not feel this way?

I've tried Lexapro and it was making things TERRIBLE so I just stopped taking it and didnt use anything else. Could any of the SSRI's help this problem? I'm just concerned about using them because even though they help some of the mental symptoms, a lot of them have sexual side effects and we are two very sexual people.

Any help/input is appreciated

Old 06-06-2006, 11:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Does Anxiety cause insecurity problems with your relationship/marriage?

read self help books on overcoming worry, get a book on home massage and get partner to massage you
try the lexapro again but start at about 1 quarter of a 10 tablet and gradually work up, the sexual problems can be worked around

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2006, 06:51 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

xxzoexx HB User

yes i'm sure it does. i have the same problem. it seems i find problems from nothing, and then i dwell on it.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:12 AM   #4
(male)

Orphan_Soul HB User

It could be your anxiety and maybe you cant understand why someone would want to be with you considering you have a basic mental illness. In turn this could be manifesting itself in you subconciously pushing your other half away. The only advice i can give concerning your personal worries and worries when it comes to sex is to have a good talk with your other half. She will probably be more understanding than you think. I have been in your position and my girl respected me more for talking honestly and openly with her, which in turn lowered my anxiety.

Old 06-14-2006, 08:53 PM   #5
(female)

Maya80 HB User

Josh,,
I know exactly how you feel...just tonight I told my boyfriend that it seems all he deals with me is problems and my insecurities and anxieties, I asked him what is it he sees in me when I feel I just cause so many issues and BS.

It's true that we wonder why they want to be with someone like us, but deep down I know I'm a great person, I just don't like having to put others through it also, that's how I feel. My boyfriend told me he's not going anywhere, that I do have things to resolve, but I have to deal with the anxiety and that's who I am, someone with anxiety. When I'm having a great day I know how much I love him and want him in my life forever, but on a bad day I question so much even though I know I care for him so much. Maybe I'm just scared, maybe it's all the crap I put into my head which leads to him getting frustrated because he says I don't get it..that I have anxiety and that's why I feel the way I do, but I feel it's unfair. I guess we worry about others a lot when we have to deal with ourselves, put ourselves first because in the end that's what your partner wants,,,she wants what's best for you. You know you love her and want to spend the rest of your life with her, but you feel your anxiety is messing things up, but the reality is no relationship is perfect and relationships aren't easy. I spend so much time worrying about the relationship at times that I wonder what is wrong with me. I try to live in the day, but at times it's hard. I get anxious around him at times, do you get annxious aroung your fiance and wonder why???It's such a horrible feeling even though it's just anxiety...

Hang in there...she's with you because she sees what a great person you are and knows you have anxiety although yes it can be stressful on them to which makes you worry also..I know the feeling. Let me know if I'm making any sense...

Old 06-14-2006, 11:51 PM   #6
(female)

haileysheets HB User

It's funny because I found out I had GAD because of anxiety with my boyfriend at the time (now husband). He had never done any thing to make me not trust him. He was--and is--the most loyal, moral, and committed person I know. Well, about five years ago I saw him simply talking to another girl after a college class. I FREAKED OUT! I worried about the situation for WEEKS, wondering if he was secretly seeing her behind my back. I FINALLY realized that this kind of worrying was completely irrational. I also realized that I did a lot of the same kind of irrational worrying in other areas of my life. Needless to say, I started seeing a psychiatrist who figured out that what I have is generalized anxiety disorder.

Closed Thread