It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2006, 04:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Stress causing jaw pain??

I noticed today i was dealing with a few very stressful situations that my left jaw started hurting really bad and i got very warm in my face. I have been dealing with stress/anxiety off and on for months due to my thinking i have a heart blockage even though ive been told my heart is fine. I have been having the off and on jaw pains, weakness, headaches, and periods of feeling like i cant get a good breath, these come and go. I just really noticed that getting upset today caused the jaw pain to come on really bad. Could this be a sign that i do have a blockage or can it just be stress alone causing this, please any imput would be great.

Old 06-21-2006, 04:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: Stress causing jaw pain??

the jaw pain is usually caused by grinding your teeth which is anxiety related

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2006, 04:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

Yeah are you clentching your teeth? Because I do this when under stress pretty often.I cannot control it sometimes and then of course after time my jaws are aching.This is from stress.Today I have been feeling just tired and ill and the left side of my face is numb yet again (went through the numb face months back) but I believe its all stress so it will pass.

Old 06-21-2006, 05:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User

I just hope were all right that its all stress related. I have been having the pain off and on for months but it seemed to come on so weird tonite, i was on the phone with the child support people and trying to figure out where my child support is going and just totally stressed and boom there came the jaw pain out of no where its like the stress triggered it, thats why i hope its just stress causing it. I do know that i clench my jaw alot but i dont recall doing that at all today its been actually not bad of a day till i got home then the stress started.

Old 06-21-2006, 08:31 PM   #5
(male)

bobnorth HB User

I had the same thing some years back, and finally found out it was acid reflux disease. The darn stuff can give all sorts of symptoms, but some in the upper region are jaw pain, upper chest pain, upper chest full bloated feeling, belching a lot, etc. Try acid reducers and see if it helps.

Old 06-21-2006, 11:12 PM   #6
(female)

CocoaLover HB User
Lightbulb Re: Stress causing jaw pain??

Hi,

I'm new - but thought I might offer my .02 I've been diagnosed with Bi-polar disorder (type 1,) in these last 4 years, but I've experienced severe anxiety since I was 17 (I'm 35 now.) Anxiety is complex, as I was just discussing with my therapist today - and we both agree that although chronic or severe acute pain tops the list of anguish, anxiety slides right into 2nd place.

I clench my teeth - all day long & all night long, for 10+ years, and I've had intense massage that can't loosen the tense muscles around my ears/jaw area. I have chronic jaw pain - the only solution I've heard of is having a mouth piece made by a dentist - I can't sleep with this in, but it might work for you. Doing some finger massage around the area of your jaw can help. But most of all, trying to turn your thoughts in a more positive direction, and not focusing on any of your health problems, is going to help you get better. And I'm preaching it to myself here too.

I wish you the best - some peace!

Take care,

CL

Old 06-22-2006, 06:13 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

yes.........let it ride go about your day and do your best to ignore the symptoms.I was feeling so horrible at one point that I thought that was impossible to do but its not one day at a time one minute at a time.We are stronger then the anxiety.

Closed Thread