It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2006, 11:08 PM   #1
(female)

bobby hill HB User
no doctor, need advice desperatley!

I am 30 years old and have been taking medication for 11 years. I have pretty bad OCD that is controlable sometimes and sometimes it makes my life unmanageable. I also have depression and anxiety.
I was on Paxil for a few years until it started to give me manic behavior, so I was prescribed Zoloft, which I was on for many years as well. The Zoloft was making me gain weight and I always felt unmotivated and tired.
So for the past month and a half I have been on Wellbutrin. I started at 150 and then they raised it to 300...does anyone know how long Zoloft withdrawl can last or how long adjusting to Wellbutrin takes?
On top of all this I have endometreosis...Which I had surgery for in the last week of October. They couldn't remove all the implants, so I had to take hormones. The doctor was worried about the hormones because of my depression,ocd...and he was right. I could only take them for 4 months..it was too hard for me to handle.
I no longer have health insurance and have to get my medication at this rock bottom ghetto clinic downtown. I appreciate them seeing me, but the doctor does not want to talk to you..in and out as fast as he can write your script. I truly can not afford another doctor right now. I needed to know if anyone has any advice or input as I have been a mess..
I can't sleep
I get nightmares
I am irritable
I can't eat
I am depressed
I cry at the drop of a hat
ocd is interfering with my everyday life
I feel like I am on bad cocaine...I know from much earlier experiences, I am not dumb enough to do that anymore, not in my condition!
Is this withdrawl, new drug symptoms, hormones?
any input would help me and I would appreciate it.
thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2006, 08:43 AM   #2
(female)

sweptaway76 HB User
Re: no doctor, need advice desperatley!

Hi there. I am sorry about your insurance information, but seeing how bad you are feeling right now, I would write down a list of everything you are feeling right now with questions, and hand them to the doctor when you see him. Make him listen to you or do not leave the room until you feel happy with his response. I have been to a few doctors who treated me the same way. It isnt right! That is what i would do. Hope everything works out for you!

Closed Thread