It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2006, 08:17 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

yankees123 HB User
Hard Heartbeat?

I have been diagnosed with GAD and have been on Zoloft and Niravam since January...I had really bad health anxiety. Over that time, I have had a couple of days in a row where I get like a "hard" heartbeat every 1/2 hour or hour or so...Just 1 or two thumps and that's it...I think it has happened twice before this most recent bout and it usually lasts a couple of days and then goes away..I have been for EKGs, stress, echo last year which came back fine. Has anyone else experienced this "hard" heartbeat feeling? I am on the 4th day of this...Thanks!

Old 07-10-2006, 08:51 AM   #2
(female)

kricky422 HB User
Re: Hard Heartbeat?

When you say hard heartbeat, do you mean that you can feel it beating through your chest? Like you don't have to feel it will your hand, you can just feel it beating. If that is what you mean, I do have that once in a while.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2006, 09:18 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User

I have skippy feeling heartbeats, I've had them on and off for years. Sometimes the beat (which is usually a PVC or PAC and is common in nearly every human) feels hard, like it just thumps. My funky heartbeats tend to come in waves, and I've seen many people mention that. They last for days, then just fade away. The important thing to remember is that these are NOT dangerous in a healthy, structurally normal heart. Since you have had a cardiac workup, you can rest assured that your heart is normal. These things can be scary, though. I started getting them at age 14, I was afraid of them for years, mostly because I kept them to myself, didn't tell anyone about them, and they faded away. When I was about 19 I became afraid again. I had a holter monitor and saw a doc, they said I was ok. My worry gradually faded. I am 31 now, and just recently I have obsessed about this stuff again for some reason (probably because my anxiety recently flared up after a long period of calm). Anyhow, just wanted to let you know you're not alone, this is one of the most common anxiety symptoms, and it happens to people without anxiety, they just don't pay so much attention to it. Take care and feel free to email me [email]REMOVED[/email] wendy

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-10-2006 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Please read and follow the posting rules, do not provide off board contact information of any kind. Ms_Mod

Old 07-10-2006, 09:36 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

yankees123 HB User

Exactly...it's like one thump that comes and goes throughout the day...it's very weird

Old 07-10-2006, 10:35 AM   #5
(female)

sharon4370 HB User

I know this might sound weird but if I am looking at a white wall, my eyes pulsate along with my heartbeat. Does this happen to anyone else?

Old 07-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #6
(male)

Hannigaholic HB User

Yeah it's the blood running through your eyes - happens all the time if I'm looking for it and I believe it's perfectly normal

Old 07-10-2006, 11:56 AM   #7
(female)

sharon4370 HB User

Whew...at least I am normal with that symptom!

Old 07-11-2006, 03:48 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

yankees123 HB User
Unhappy Re: Hard Heartbeat?

Uggh- I'm really trying not think about it but I am now starting day 5 with it and can't help but be concerned. Has anyone else experienced this? I could be just sitting there and all of sudden it's a strong thump on the left side of my chest and that's it....Like I said, I have had it before and it usually goes away after a couple of days...

Old 07-11-2006, 06:39 AM   #9
(female)

sharon4370 HB User

Amy, I wish I knew if it was normal or not. I notice my heart flutters when I am laying down in certain positions...it freaks me out...and I know the more I think about it...it always happens more frequently.

I hope you find some answers and some peace.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:23 AM   #10
(female)

kricky422 HB User

It was happening to me today. I was just sitting there at my desk at work. I was relaxed and everything. But it happened anyway. I just tried to stay calm. It is a really freaky feeling, I know. I really don't think it is anything to worry about. I was told I have an irregular heartbeat but that it is nothing to worry about. I know it is freaky but when it is happening just try to remain calm.
Oh and I am glad there is a reason for that pulsating eye thing. That happens to me too.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:33 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

Amy...it sounds like you are having palpitations. They can be brought on by anxiety or medications. They are usually harmless and very common. If they are worrying you too much, ask your doctor for an EKG to rule out any heart problems. Beta blocker medications can help cut down the frequency of palpitations. I take Atenolol (for high blood pressure) and rarely have palps anymore.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:23 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

yankees123 HB User

Thanks for the reassurance Srmom. You were there for me when I needed some comfort about 5 months ago. I just have to keep telling myself that everything is fine and I will able to get through the rough spots. Thanks again!

Closed Thread