It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2006, 08:50 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

nikigrl8883 HB User
Red face scary heart problems

last night in my sleep i had a series of heart papaltations and i feel my heart pounding alot lately it speeds up for no apparent reason even when im not anxious at all and i feel like im having a heart attack sometime si get bad chest pains just laying there in sleep i feel them in my sleep im afraid im going to have a heart attack...i need someones opioion ive had ekgs klike 5 and theyve been ok one time i had a holter montior for a day and it was ok but i didnt get the heart paps that day of course do you think if i had a heart problem it wouldve showed up on the ekgs? even if it wasnt happening when they did them....when im laying down to getting up my heart jumps like 30 beats sometimes im not joking it goes extremly fast at times just move positions and it will my bodys not functioning right could it be any glands causing my body to do all this wierd stuff such as puititary gland sending signals to the other glands casuing chaos? ive had my thyroid checked a month ago and it was ok i have had a wide range of symptoms since this started with blood sugar blood pressure heart rate chest pains lightheaded dizzy nausea frequent bathroom trips headaches

Old 07-11-2006, 09:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: scary heart problems

I can sympathize with the palpitations and I have had pains in my chest before.My husband is has been dealing with palps for a few days now.I have periods where I cant sleep night after night because of those suckers.Most times eventhough they can be scarey and drive ya nuts....they are harmless and do not mean you have a heart problem.From my understanding the EKG will show when one has had a past heart attack or is having one and of course irregular rythm and palps if they are happening during the test.I believe you said you had a holter monitor or event recorder? Maybe see if you can get one of these devices again.This took me 3 seperate times to finaly catch and record some palps (PVC's) I was having which are usualy harmless as mine are.Other then that maybe talk to doc about a stress test with Echocardiogram.I had one of these had to walk the tredmill when I was sooo out of shape lol(you can have an injection instead of doing the tredmill).The stress test would obviously put some stress on your heart get it beating pretty quick.....sounds worse then it is it is actualy not bad at all especialy if you have an active lifestyle and your young.The Echocardiogram shows the structure of your heart and valves and how they function during exertion.Maybe having some of this done will give you some peace of mind.Anxiety and stress can cause those pesky palpitations.I dont usualy feel anxious or stressed when mine come on but its still anxiety.

Some things that may trigger palps in alot of people:
Caffiene....even in some cold meds
Chocolate
smoking
stress and anxiety

there are others it can depend on the person

Last edited by tnmomofive; 07-11-2006 at 09:41 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Leela_C HB User

Hey Niki. As usual - I'm right there with you. I'm having a bad "heart anxiety" day today. I have had all kinds of heart tests and I still have the problems you are describing. I've gotten to the point where I say to myself "it hasn't killed me yet so I guess its not going to". You should try to get the tests that tnmom mentioned just to ease your mind. I've had them all and they have all come out fine, but I still worry about it all the time. I'm always worried about something with my health. I guess that is the nature of this anxiety "beast". I hope you feel better soon.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:36 PM   #4
(male)

edz61 HB User

If you have seen your doctor already you have to accept that it's nothing but anxiety. I know it's difficult but you need to do what you need to do, see whatever doctor and get whatever tests taken but you need to draw the line as some point and say this is it. I am okay and this is just anxiety and nothing else. I have been dealing with anxiety and chest pain,etc. for 4 years. I have been to the emergency room at least 7 times and even stayed at the hospital for 2 days and the doctors found nothing. But still I get the scary heart and chest pain, during the day or in the middle of the night. Sometime because I am upset or stressed and sometimes unprovoked completely. I feel for you all as I am one of you but once we see a couple of doctors and they dismiss anything and everything wrong with us we should stop worrying and leave it all in the real doctor's hands "Lord Almighty".

It's so very difficult, right now my chest hurts beyond belief but I will be damned to go to the ER again as I was there 2 weeks ago. Look when the big boss calls us we are out of here period. Death is not an end but a new beginning but I don't think any of us anxiety victims need to worry about the death but the quality of life we need to live while we are here. Do not be alarmed the power to heal you and having everything you want is within you, check this out
[urlREMOVED][/url]. It's a documentary about how much power our mind has. God has given us the answers to all the problems we may have. We just have to look hard deep inside. God bless you all and I will pray for all of you.

Love

Ed

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-11-2006 at 04:13 PM. Reason: No commerical websites for any reason. Ms_Mod.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:33 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

nikigrl8883 HB User

ed that is so sweet thank you so much,,,your right when its your time its your time and your right but its still scary to think there missing something especially at my age becasue i think they dont take me seriously becasue i am young i have an appointment with another neurologist and whatevr he says ill have to deal with im going the 21st to the layhee clinic in burlington mass i mean i did get hit int he head with a glass bottle in november and had a concussion so i dont think it would be unheard of if somehting was off...i did have a ct scan but still they couldve missed soemthing or i may need an mri....im scared....its like my whole entire body is malfunctioning i just dont want to be told i have anxiety when theres an underlying reason that they havent looked into enough im sure you understand my concern

Old 07-12-2006, 09:26 AM   #6
(female)

andreanna HB User

Well this is just my experience with heart palps. There have been times in the past where I felt like my heart was beating hard or fast but I wasn't too uncomfortable and never thought much of it. but.... In November of 2005 I woke up and felt as though my heart was beating out of my chest an hour later when it was still there and i was sweating and breathing hard I called the urgent care and they had me come in. By the time I saw the dr I was 2 hours into this and having no relief. I had already checked my pulse ( using the stop watch on my cell phone LOL). I checked my neck as it is easier to feel the beats there. I was coming up with over 160 each time. Normal standing heart rate is between like 70-100. 90's can be a bit high depending on your normal standing rhythm. So get your normal rhythm once in a while when you feel fine. Count the beats for 10 seconds on a stop watch and multiply it by 6. Or count for 15 seconds and multiply it by 4. If you dont have a stop watch you can use your clock and count for an entire minute if need be and use that number.

When you have an episode wait a while and if it doesnt go away within a few minutes ( like 15-30) check your heart rate and take a note of it. If you keep having episodes too often and they bother you call your Dr and maybe get a referral to someone who can give you an event monitor. It is similar to the holter one but you where it for 30 days and press a button when something happens. It goes back 15-30 seconds and catches that heat rate plus the next 2 minutes I think. If you have these episodes at least once a month you should be able to catch one for the dr. And it records like and EKG. Once the transmission is made if the place receiving it believes it is an emergency your DR will be paged and you will be given a call. If it is nto alarming then your dr will still get a complete report ( just like an EKG) and will review it and see what is up if anything. It is all quite high tech and neat.

Anyway in November when I had mine it actually took meds to bring it down. It had gotten up over 200 and I was in bad shape. The shot they gave me was horrible it actually stops your heart and starts it back up again at a normal rate. I had an EKG done while it was going on and it was abnormal. but all my other tests ( nuclear stress, heart ultrasound etc) all came out fine. I do however have borderline high cholesterol and VERY high triglycerides so yes I have reason for concern.

I had another really bad episode last week and it lasted over 2 hours and my heart rate was over 170. I needed a beta bring it down. Even if your rapid heart rate is anxiety related they are nto good for anyone especially if they last as long as mine. A few minutes or so is not going to hurt you but your heart can not work that hard for a really long time it gets tired and can hurt you. So even if you get some anxiety meds like xanax to help or even a beta blocker script like I have to slow it down when it gets like that for a long period. get some relief. But it could be nothing ( and most likely is) but that is why a 30 day even monitor is great!! A dr can tell you if your heart rate is even elevated or abnormal. Just becasue it feels like your heart is racing doesnt always mean it actually is. I know that sounds strange but I used the event monitor for 30 days and pressed the button a few times and not one of those times was my heart rate out of normal range even though I totally felt it was. Now that I can really feel the difference between slight heart rate elevation and real Tachycardia episodes I am more prepared on how to handle it. Like right now I feel a big light winded and tight chested and maybe a tiny but heart racing. I check my pulse and it is 96. Yes a bit on the high-side of normal but not alarming or a problem at all. but seriously I used to think this was horrible till I went into SVT( super ventricular chitchat) then I thought I would die.

If this is jumbled or you have any other question just make a message directly to me and ask away. I would love to help if I can.

Andreanna

Closed Thread