It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2006, 07:41 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

nikigrl8883 HB User
Exclamation chest pains and fast heart rate

almost every night now i wake up with chest pains it scares me alot and or a fast heart beat my chest hurts does anyone else experience this almost daily and now im getting low blood pressureall the time especially at night when im laying down ///i know chest pain and fast rate is common when your having a panic attack but what about in the middle of the night when your not anxious at all or when your waking up and i also tend to get pains in the back of my head probably becsue the bloods not flowing to my head right....this is probably why i am lightheaded all the time/// its happening almost every night now

Old 07-23-2006, 10:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: chest pains and fast heart rate

I have had chest pains alert me out of a sound sleep before due to anxiety.I remember last year jumping out of the bed from sound sleep because of this BIG sharp pain in the middle of my chest it only lasted a few seconds scared the heck out of me.I have had anxiety/panic attacks in my sleep before sometimes id wake up in a cold sweat id be flushing all over too ..hot then cold hot then cold.I have had attacks plenty of times with no apparent trigger no anxiousness beforehand.Some people have triggers some it just happens..others just dont know the triggers.When I have gotten into a bad anxiety rut in the past most times whatever physical symptoms I had were there 24/7...I would worry about these symptoms and it would just become a vicious cycle of symptoms and worry and panic.Sometimes id worry so much id become obsessed ( hours of searching) with seraching the web by my symptoms just further scareing myself.My symptoms could of been sooooo many different things so this did me not one bit of good.The racing heart I did have that one time almost all day and night for several months.I remember sitting on my couch feeling my heart pound away it drove me crazy and I could hardly sleep at night.One day it just went away I am not sure if I did anything to stop it but I do know I wasnt worrying about it as much.
Not sure if I have helped any but I figured id share a bit.Good luck on your next tests!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 05:42 PM   #3
(female)

lilsunshine1219 HB User

I also wake up in the middle of the night and have these attacks. My heart races like it could stop at any moment and once it subsides, I am afraid to fall asleep because I think I may not wake up again. I always feel as though I could have heart problems, brain tumors, lung issues or some kind of cancer, this is an awful feeling.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:16 PM   #4

yvonne818461 HB User

nikigirl i have that same thing happen now and am seeing the heart dr to see whats wrong with me. every night wake up with a racing heart and my heart dr today said yes that anxiety will cause that. you can be asleep and have anxiety attacks. i have also had my family dr tell me that as well. so far all the tests they have done on me dont show anything wrong. so i guess even when your not feeling anxious and dont think your panicky you can be. i know every night i wake up in a panic and my hearts racing. i just tell myself calm down its nothing but anxiety and will turn the tv on to make myself stop thinking about what i am feeling.

Old 07-30-2006, 02:58 PM   #5
(female)

uabblazer83 HB User

My first panic attack was actually in the middle of the night. I woke up with this weird feeling in my chest, and then it started hurting. I was so scared that I was having a heart attack...in fact, my husband rushed me to the ER that night. As it turns out, it was just a panic attack...thank goodness. So yes, I don't think that you have anything physically wrong with you. It sounds like a classic case of an anxiety attack. Going for a check-up might be good....just to give you piece of mind, and to know for sure that there's nothing wrong.

Closed Thread