It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2006, 09:03 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

nikigrl8883 HB User
continuous rapid heart rate worse upon standing?

does anyone else in here experciance this RAPID heart rate like up to 130 even while at home doing nothing and then the obvious lightheadedness it causes i seem to have a fast heart beat all the time and it gets worse walking around and i dont feel anxious its especially worse when i wake up and stand up please let me know

Old 07-25-2006, 09:39 AM   #2
(male)

whathaveigot? HB User
Re: continuous rapid heart rate worse upon standing?

Nikigirl

Please stop worrying about all your symptoms.

It will make you worse. I know its hard to do, but do something that completely takes your mind off everything!

Not like watching tv or something. A thing that completely takes your mind off your feelings.

Think to yourself of all the good times youve had and never gave a second thought to!

Youll be fine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2006, 11:21 PM   #3
(female)

kj_johnson HB User
Cool Re: continuous rapid heart rate worse upon standing?

i have the dizziness especially after sleeping and the jumping out of bed too fast, so i sit for a little then get up..i think that's true for people who don't even have anxiety, just some of us notice it more than the other, i notice my heart rate go up like you do but i don't measure it, the anxiety just makes it more noticeble....if i'm at a movie for instance and get up to go to the restroom, i don't notice the heartbeat since i'm with friends and stuff..it's not anything to worry about most likely, but easier said than done. just see if you notice it less when you are in a very comfortable place than at home kj

Old 07-26-2006, 06:38 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User

I think I mentioned before, I had this for years before anyone even decided to put me on beta-blockers to slow my heart rate. My heart rate would easily get into the 180s when I was younger. It was uncomfortable, but I found that the following helped: keeping very hydrated with Gatorade or mineral water, trying to relax, getting up slowly, and moving about. Activity is very important, even if you can only tolerate a short walk. The more you sit around the worse it will be because then you have your original symptoms combined with deconditioning. A healthy young heart can handle those rates, and I believe I read that you're going to have cardiac testing soon, right? Be sure to let the doc know how much the racing heart bothers you. There are rather mild medications that he may try you on to alleviate that feeling.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Leela_C HB User

Hi Niki. Aren't you on a beta blocker? I thought you said you were, but maybe not. I would highly suggest that for you if you're not taking them. I had the same problem a while ago. My heart rate was ALWAYS fast. Obviously last week I had the opposite problem but since I have adjusted my beta blocker dosage I am doing much better. I am very med sensitive but bisoprolol (at a VERY small dose) has worked wonders for me. My tachycardia was just making my anxiety worse, which was making my tachycardia worse. It was not a good situation. The beta blocker has slowed my heart rate, and in turn, made my anxiety about it much easier to deal with. I really hope you can get some relief from all of this soon. Hang in there!

Closed Thread