It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2006, 03:31 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
Exclamation BUSPAR & CELEXA MIX Can this Be DANGEROUS HELP??

Guys i am very worried, I have been on 20mg of celexa for a while now and started buspar 2 weeks ago 10 mg a day for 2 weeks now, and i have been feeling so tired, I mean I feel so tired that its unreal, and No energy and spaced out then to top it off i read that its very dangerous to combine both drugs and i have been doing that i take them at night together. on both the official buspar and celexa site it says they shouldnt be mixed?

anyway can anyone clarify this, i mean the buspar has helped me until a few days ago when the overwhelming tiredness has taken over my body, and i been feeling a bit numb inside and out, i am not sure whether to take just 5mg in the morning and celexa at night or stop the buspar, weird thing is that my sex drive has gone up with the buspar. anyway if anyone can tell me if this is safe to take let me know i am so scared and a friedn told me to stop one of the 2 not sure what to do and of course docs/pharamcists never told me it was unsafe to ,mix the 2 meds thanks

Last edited by jennyVee; 07-29-2006 at 03:54 PM.

Old 07-30-2006, 06:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
Re: BUSPAR & CELEXA MIX Can this Be DANGEROUS HELP??

hi,
i don't know how dangerous this combination is. i would talk to my dr about this. i am on 60 mg of buspar and i have no problems with tiredness. i have been on it for two years. best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2006, 09:19 PM   #3
(male)

bynobody HB User

Yes please talk to your doctor about mixing any drugs. You might have SSRI overdose, or whatever they call it. Stop taking both drugs and talk to your doctor, don't self-regulate your intake.

Old 08-01-2006, 12:59 PM   #4
(male)

ndb1 HB User

I'm not sure about the Buspar, but Celexa made me exhausted. I could hardly keep my eyes open. It's sounds like you are having the same problem.

Good luck

Old 08-01-2006, 05:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User

Hi guys actully i discovred what was wrong it was the buspar after all... the side effects were killing me, it hepled my anxiety alot though but at 10 mg it made me feel like a zombie/spaced out, i had most of the side effects, which are anyway i stopped in on saturday and i havent been able to sleep after that, i have heavy duty insomnia so belive it or not i am having withdrawal symptoms form it i didnt expect thi after all i was only on it for 2 weeks... i also have tremors............ anyway I was only on it a few weeks and its getting out of my system beccause for the first time in 2 weeks i feel energy again... by the way celexa helps me alot with OCD but not with anxiety... at first celexa did get me drowsy but after a while it started giving me energy, I went up to 40 mg of celexa and it made me feel spaced out so i went on 20 mg of celexa and 10 mg buspar but as i said it gave me too many side effects but one thing it did do was give me a very high sex drive! which i didnt expect.. of course my hubby wishes i continue to take it celexa did the same at first but afterwards it lowered my sex drive, anyway Thanks everyone

Last edited by jennyVee; 08-01-2006 at 05:23 PM.

Closed Thread