It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2006, 06:13 PM   #1
(female)

KJsunny HB User
From Zoloft to Lexapro any advice?

Hello everyone. I wanted to tell everyone my experience on Zoloft. Well I had my first full blown attach in early February of 2006. Scared out of my mind. I contacted my doctor. I had complained of heart palpitations, tight chest, uneasy breathing, upset stomach, and uneasy feeling.

I believe it all started when my ex-boyfriend started calling me. Anyways. My first attach was so scary. When I went to my doctor, she didnt immediately say I had an anxiety attack. I went thru all the normal tests. EKG, thyroid test, ecko test. After several weeks, she finally put me on Prozac. Well I took that for a week. It was terrible, upset stomach for days. Well my doctor said to stop taking Prozac, and started taking Zoloft. I started at 25 mg for the first week, then 50, then up to 100 mg. 25 thru 75 didnt work, and 100mg made my stomach so upset every time I ate. I was still having to take .10 mg of Xanax. What was the point of taking the Zoloft if I had to take other meds. The other thing I really did notice. I just wasnt myself. I felt closed off, when I was on the meds. What a terrible feeling, like you are not yourself. So after taking Zololt for about 7 months, my doctor said to stop taking it. I started reducing it by 25 for a month. Well the 1st week was ok. The 2nd week was kinda strange. I would feel light headed out of the blue. My stomach was getting better. The lightheaded thing is with me still a little. Ive been off Zoloft for 2 days. My doctor now has me on Lexapro. 10 mg. I sure hope this works. The strange thing is, I was perfectly fine before my first attach. I would get nervous when I had to talk in front of large groups, but who doesnt.

Has anyone heard anything about Lexapro? Good, bad.

Oh ya, I found a wonderful book at the Library. Its called "The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook. Fourth edition." It really explains every type of anxiety, and phobias disorder. It also helps with ways to relax, so the attachs dont happen as often.
I sure hope my entry can help others.

Keli

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2006, 06:39 PM   #2

ms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB User
Re: From Zoloft to Lexapro any advice?

Please note that your post has been split from the thread it was originally posted on.

Always start your own thread to ask your questions.

Thanks,
Ms_Mod

Old 07-31-2006, 07:38 AM   #3
(male)

Blue00 HB User

I started with Zoloft to and in the beginning after about 4-5 weeks I noticed an improvement.My problem was changing the dose from 50mg's to 75mg's,100mg's,200mg's.Its just not good to change the dose thinking that a higher dose will be better for Anxiety when in reality it would be way way worse.I felt best at 25 or 50mg's.I didn't know that Zoloft can be activating at higher doses past 50mg's.I think if i stayed on the 50 mg's i would have been fine.I just wanted to see if Lexapro was a better Med for Anxiety for me.Its been 19 days and yeah it definately caused me headache's,lack of appetite.I currently take 10mg's and will never make the mistake of having my Doctor up the dose.For Anxiety the lower the dose whether it be Zoloft or Lexapro is better.Higher doses of AD'S usually are better for Depression.Lately the side affects are becoming less and less.Stay with the 5-10 mg's if you have more problems wioth Anxiety.

Old 08-01-2006, 02:40 PM   #4
(female)

jjules HB User

Hi Keli, Yes I tried the Zoloft and 25mg made me feel rotten and abnormal. I am on 10mg of Lexapro (1yr) and I feel great. My side effects were minimal. I hope this one will work for you. Thanks for mentioning the book I need to read that one. Who is the author? Take care Jules

Old 08-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #5
(female)

jnewsome HB User

lexpro work good for me but the side effects for me was gaining weight an the doc put me on wellbutrin xl.

Old 08-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #6
(female)

Maya80 HB User

Hi I took Zoloft for years and recently changed to Lexarpro which worked for the first few weeks then stopped, so now I'm on Effexor. Basically you have to find out what's best for you. The worse part of it all is when you stop taking one and start taking another because usually it makes you feel bad before you start feeling good, even then we still all have our bad days. Hang in there and let us know how you make out.

Thanks for the book I'm reading one that my psychiatrist recommended and so far it's great, It's called "How to refuse to make yourself miserable about anything, yes anything!" by Albert Ellis.

Old 08-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #7
(male)

GHGore HB User

I'm going to make Two Posts.

To those who said a switch in this physical situation did a good help to you, please reply again with your dosages and WHEN did you take your meds?

Thanks

Old 08-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #8
(male)

GHGore HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJsunny
Hello everyone. I wanted to tell everyone my experience on Zoloft. Well I had my first full blown attach in early February of 2006. Scared out of my mind. I contacted my doctor. I had complained of heart palpitations, tight chest, uneasy breathing, upset stomach, and uneasy feeling.

I believe it all started when my ex-boyfriend started calling me. Anyways. My first attach was so scary. When I went to my doctor, she didnt immediately say I had an anxiety attack. I went thru all the normal tests. EKG, thyroid test, ecko test. After several weeks, she finally put me on Prozac. Well I took that for a week. It was terrible, upset stomach for days. Well my doctor said to stop taking Prozac, and started taking Zoloft. I started at 25 mg for the first week, then 50, then up to 100 mg. 25 thru 75 didnt work, and 100mg made my stomach so upset every time I ate. I was still having to take .10 mg of Xanax. What was the point of taking the Zoloft if I had to take other meds. The other thing I really did notice. I just wasnt myself. I felt closed off, when I was on the meds. What a terrible feeling, like you are not yourself. So after taking Zololt for about 7 months, my doctor said to stop taking it. I started reducing it by 25 for a month. Well the 1st week was ok. The 2nd week was kinda strange. I would feel light headed out of the blue. My stomach was getting better. The lightheaded thing is with me still a little. Ive been off Zoloft for 2 days. My doctor now has me on Lexapro. 10 mg. I sure hope this works. The strange thing is, I was perfectly fine before my first attach. I would get nervous when I had to talk in front of large groups, but who doesnt.

Has anyone heard anything about Lexapro? Good, bad.

Oh ya, I found a wonderful book at the Library. Its called "The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook. Fourth edition." It really explains every type of anxiety, and phobias disorder. It also helps with ways to relax, so the attachs dont happen as often.
I sure hope my entry can help others.

Keli
THIS IS THE EXACT SITUATION I AM GOING THROUGH THIS TIME ON Zoloft.

I am now on 100mg/Day Zoloft and 1MG Klonopin at night.

I've now been on Zoloft, after a break from Prozac (trying to find my holy grail of SSRI for Anti-Dep).

Mid last week, I started having some marjor raises in Anxiety.. My doctor's office suggested it was simply withdrawing from Prozac, but I do believe the Zoloft may be contributing. As I told my work supervisors ... "My depression is getting better, but at the expense of raising my nerves and anxiety.)

My mother is on a cocktail of Busparone and Zoloft for her Anxiety and Depression. This may be the cocktail that works for you as well. For reason's beyond me, my GP hasn't let me try to see if Buspar is something that will help to me. At least I'm off work for several days.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:14 PM   #9
(female)

alexah HB User

I started taking Zoloft about 2 years ago for really bad anxiety. I tried prozac first, but it didn't do anything for me. So a couple weeks after taking zoloft, my symptoms completely went away. Now though, I had to stop taking it because I quite my job to travel and lost my health insurance. So I am trying to ween off of it, but it gives really bad withdrawl symptoms. I have never tried Lexapro though.

Closed Thread