It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User
has anxiety ruined anyones life?

ive had this messed up thing for over a year now and its totally ruined my life.. i never thought i could end up like this and i think everyone else i know feels the same.. sorry to be negative but can anxiety ruin someones life constantly like it did to me? thanks

Old 07-30-2006, 06:24 PM   #2
(female)

KATCSR HB User
Re: has anxiety ruined anyones life?

Well, it hasn't ruined my life, but I wish I didn't have to deal with it.. I have had good periods and then seem to slide back downward. Right now I am on the downward phase. I am trying very, very hard to try and not let it get the best of me. You can get better, you have to really work on it though

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2006, 09:18 PM   #3

arbegla HB User
it go so far to say ruined but...

Well,

It's made life very difficult and seriously damaged my self-esteem. But I have it under better control know...normally can't drive, dependent, have 1 friend, dated 1 girl for about month 1/2, concentration reduced to 30% (if that) and even simple stuff like getting the mail/walking through the park/etc...doesn't even cross my mind...My doc. wrote down "substantial impairment" for me which is one grade up from housebound/disabled. Well, my anxiety was at 34 by the Hamilton Anxiety before getting Lex. despite therapy, although it was helpful seeing that my anxiety was at 38 2 years ago (the cutoff for severe anxiety is 30). With Lex. and ativan I have brought it down to 20, which is in the mild-moderate range and feel like I can do much more. I posted a little while back "anxiety suffers where are you" because I see NO ONE on the street who looks the least bit anxious or at least visibly anxious. Your perception of the world changes if your anxiety is cut by a good amount, so be proud of what you have been able to accomplish despite your anxiety, and there's a lot of hope out there!

Old 07-30-2006, 09:25 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

xxzoexx HB User

i don't feel it's ruined my life. i've also have had anxiety for a year and it's not all my life. have some faith, you're whole life isn't ruined by what you're feeling right now. take care

Old 07-30-2006, 11:34 PM   #5
(female)

(s)aint HB User

I feel there are times where it has really set me back, or turned me into someone I don't want to be. I wouldn't say its ruining my life, I have an all right life, but sometimes I do feel that I am missing out on really just living and experiencing my youth. This is the time in my life where I should be spontaneous and living it up, but my anxiety doesn't allow for that. Sometimes it really bothers me, but when I'm feeling bad I repeat the quote: this too shall pass. Because I believe it will. We can fight and work through this and be okay. Yes, I may miss out on some things due to my issues, but I won't let it ruin everything.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:40 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User

It definitely hasn't ruined my life---I won't let it do that. Anxiety has caused me some setbacks and definitely taken some of the joy out of periods of my life, but I'm doing alright, all things considered. As bad as this stuff is, you just have to keep on going and relish the good days and good times and know that the sadness is temporary.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:21 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

Years back yes I felt it was ruining my life.This was before I knew how to deal with it though.I still have my days but im alot better.

Closed Thread