It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2006, 11:21 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

SadFreek HB User
adult speration anxiety (gad ocd also)

I am wondering if anyone here has an adult seperation anxiety problem like me? Or maybe its linked to my GAD or OCD?

im 25 and am afraid to leave my mom for extended time. Not like ill never see her again kinda thing, but how she'll handle it, and i keep getting scared that something bad will happen to her when im not there to help.My life sucks still and am bearly getting any progress that other have at 18 thanks to my anxiety.

GAD, SAD, OCD and "some seperation anxiety"

Old 08-07-2006, 06:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Punkdizzle HB User
Re: adult speration anxiety (gad ocd also)

i have the same problem with my wife.. she is my safety net and i will get alot of separation anxiety if she is gone for long amounts of time usually for more then a day at a time..

i start to worry and this is exacty what goes racing through my mind..
"what if" i have a panic attack and no one is around to talk to?... is she ok? oh no what if she gets into an accident and i am not around to help.. what if someone tried to do her harm and i am not around to stop them..

these racing anxious thoughts really annoy me because i know better then to give into them but i do alot of the time anyway.. all i have thought of so far to help with this is have her give me a call every now and then so i know she is ok.. but i think that is just reinforcing the habbit of worring over nothing.. and whats really strange is i could leave for days and feel no separation anxiety because i know she is safe at home.. makes no sense

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread