It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

mr_panicky HB User
Unhappy My Doctor dropped me as a patient.

I was told by my Dr's office that my Dr no longer wants to see me because she feels that my anxiety/hypochondria is outside of her scope and what she can do psycholigically.

I feel like no one is understanding what I am going thru and I am to battle this alone. My wife is of no help. My friends can't relate. My Dr dropped me.

I see a psychologist next week and my cardiologist to discuss why my echo shows my ISD (intraventricular septal distance) was 1.2 when 1.1 was the high number on the normal range.

I feel so screwed. I am exercising and losing weight, I should get better not worse.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:01 PM   #2
(female)

Countrygirl1 HB User
Re: My Doctor dropped me as a patient.

Mr. Panicky, I am so sorry that this happened. Did the DR give a notice? If a DR is going to drop a patient, the DR is suppose to the patient a certain amount of notice so that the patient can make other arrangements for their medical needs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

mr_panicky HB User

Yes, she is going to pay for an emergency room visits for 30 days.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:59 PM   #4
(female)

OhMy! HB User

I'm sorry, that doesn't make sense. If you are beyond what she can do to help, all she needs to do is make a referral to someone whom she thinks will help and that would more likely be a psychiatrist not a psychologist. Your ER visits may have more to do with your insurance benefits and not necessarily something she is paying for.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:17 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User

I feel bad for you, mr. panicky. I had a doctor drop me and get this----it was an ob/gyn and I was 5 months pregnant! She said that I had so many complaints and worried so much she felt another doctor could take better care of me. She referred me to a clinic (one of the hospital clinics that usually take in people with no insurance) even though I had excellent insurance. She said that the residents there liked "high maintenance" patients. I told her she had to be kidding me. I got on the phone, got another ob/gyn and he was so ticked off at my former doc's actions, he called her and told her about it. He said she had some nerve referring me to the clinic she did because that place is a last resort when people are very poor, the residents are overworked, etc., and no way would I have gotten good care. Looking back, I honestly don't know what I did. I asked for more frequent appts. with her than are usually scheduled, but I NEVER called her office or called her after hours or anything like that, and I was never rude or pushy to her or her staff (that's very unlike me anyway). I was hurt and felt like a fruitcake. My new doc assured me that some doctors just don't like some patients, but most good docs can overcome that and still treat them. He said my old ob/gyn needed to grow up and "put on her big girl panties"! That made me feel waaaay better!

Closed Thread