It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2006, 12:03 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User
Ever feel that your heartbeat is off?

I know many of us have skips, flutters, racing heart, etc., but do any of you ever feel sensations in your chest or just feel that your heart isn't beating properly? I really don't know how to describe it. It's almost as if you can feel something about to go wrong. I'll feel my pulse, it will feel ok, but there's a sinking feeling in my chest or an awareness of something feeling "not right". I know this is probably just a variant of other heart type symptoms, but I'd feel better if anyone could relate!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2006, 12:41 PM   #2
(male)

lancey14 HB User
Re: Ever feel that your heartbeat is off?

I have been feeling like that most of today and on previous occasions it feels as if your heart is weak or just empty beating and your chest is sort of tingly and can feel a strange feeling in the throat almost like a twitching muscle seems to go on its own but very scary when it happens

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2006, 01:57 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User

I was sitting here at work and started having a "funny" feeling in my chest and heart felt like it's beating weird, then my left shoulder started to hurt a little..I FREAKED and got on the message board, HAD to talk to someone.
Was just at the Dr. on Monday because I have just felt rotten, muscle/joint pain, neck, back, head..just hurt all over. Have NO energy, vision goes goofy on me then I get jittery. Dizziness. Oh yea and also having my night sweats off and on ..Been doing ALL of this stuff for a long time but it's been several years since I have had heart tests so guess what I"m thinking ? But WHEN do we INSIST we need re-peat tests and quit hearing "anxiety"? I get SO scared and my husband does not relate to this and yes I get SICK of myself. Just want to feel good, really do. Thanks and any help would be appreciated..

Old 08-30-2006, 08:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

ugh Lancey I can relate to that "weak" heart feeling.
Dinney I have the same dang stuff happen to me the skips and the left arm /shoulder/neck pains.I had testing too along with the stress test with echocardiogram.So I just tell myself "ok this is it those same symptom's from anxiety and stress."
My heart does flip floppy crazy stuff sometime's,matter of fact last night I was awokened a few time's by what felt like a faint irregular beating for several seconds and then a speed back up normal rythm.Mostly the stuff does'nt scare me anymore though.Nothing has been found other then PVC's that the doc said were of no real concern so what do ya do.

Last edited by tnmomofive; 08-30-2006 at 08:53 PM.

Old 08-31-2006, 08:14 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Leela_C HB User

I feel weird sensations in my chest all the time. I will check my pulse and it feels OK, but it just feels like my heart isn't beating right. Sometimes it even feels like my heart is vibrating. Like everyone else, I have been told there is nothing wrong with my heart. One of these days I will believe my doctor!

Old 08-31-2006, 09:23 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User

Thanks for everyone's replies/experiences. At work and it is a ZOO here, calls, 2 men in here wanting things (that's o.k., my job) BUT I start to get a little nervous..little pain in RIGHT jaw (by ear), then like a catch in middle of my back/chest at same time..didn't last long..got scared took aspirin. LORD..
What would be a good/non-evasive heart test I can ask my Dr. to do to TRY and convince me I'm o.k. ? Thanks everyone for just being there.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:49 AM   #7
(female)

kidd123 HB User

My heart was beating funny last Jan, so I went to Urgent Care, because I was also getting nauseated. They discovered that I was having PVC's, which are common, they said. When I got home, I did some research and found out that chocolate & heat can both cause PVC's. I had been doing a lot of both last winter, so now that I know what can cause them, have not had anymore irregular heartbeats. Just thought maybe someone else could relate.
There is a 24 hr test called a Halter monitor, which you wear--kind of like a walking EKG. You might ask if they could prescribe that, since is is non-invasive & not painful.

Last edited by kidd123; 08-31-2006 at 10:51 AM.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:59 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User

Thanks kidd123, I did have that done but it's been a couple of years ago. I get SO embarassed when I think of ALL the tests I have had in the past 6-10 yrs. on my heart, even had a heart cath about 5 yrs. ago. My father died at age of 45 of a massive heart attack, I'm 59, smoke some, do excercise and careful about what I eat BUT suffer horrible from anxiety about my health to the point of not enjoying life a whole lot. MAkes me so angry with myself. Thanks so much and please, please keep in touch.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:44 PM   #9
(female)

Laursky HB User

wow, that is so weird, i get that too. have been dealing with anxiety for about two years, and always found there were certain days my hearbeat felt weird, or like it was beating in my throat! i've had all the tests so i know my heart is healthy, but it's nice to know others have it so i don't worry.

you know, the thing that has bothered me lately is my night sweats. i know they are the cause of taking Zoloft, but whenever i tell someone they are like "you should get that checked out...you could have lymphoma" or some other disease. for people like me (maybe you all too) that is the last thing you want to hear from someone if you worry about your health like i do. anyone else relate?

Last edited by Laursky; 08-31-2006 at 06:48 PM.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:00 PM   #10
(female)

Virgo33 HB User

I was just sitting here reading the boards again and having this sinking feeling in my chest so I did a search for this and found what I think is exactly what I am feeling, I think it's best described as an empty feeling in my chest like my heart has stopped or a weakness in my chest, uneasiness or swimming feeling along with my swimmy head feeling it can be pretty scary. I have no history of heart disease nor does my family really, not immediate family anyway so I don't think it's anything to concern myself with, just yet another weird symptom of anxiety. It is refreshing to read the comments here but it still makes me think I am that rare one that really does have something wrong. But reading the other posts it all makes perfect sense and I see that everyone else is just experiencing anxiety, just can't see that in myself at times. I know it is, but you know... We all need to create a new medical dictionary full of words like, swimmy headed and sinky feeling, and elevator dropping syndrome.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:05 PM   #11
(male)

Gimli HB User

Its funny how focused on my heartrate i am during an anxiety attack but i think nothing of it when im relaxed. lol its hell really.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:48 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User

Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing better. I too am a major sufferer of pac's and pvc's. Unfortunately, I will have them forever. They are not life-threatening, only what I make up in my head. Now, saying it to everyone and believing it myself are two different things. I constantly check my pulse, and sometimes the skipped beat (which are actually premature beats, then a pause, then back to normal) will hurt really bad. Also, they can cause dizziness, left arm ache, chest ache, and STILL be ok. I even get Bigeminy and Trigeminy once in a great while, where they skip three times right together. Now that scares the living crap out of me. Anyways, what I have learned from the numerous Dr.'s out there, is that about 80% of the ENTIRE population has these skipped beats from time to time. And in actuality, it is very very rare to find a person whose heart doesn't have a little quirk here and there. Most people, and probably most people who don't have anxiety don't notice their heart like we sufferers do. I wish I didn't. I can feel my heart beating as I type this. It does help tremendously when you can get on here and see how many other people there are out here who have this. I just went to a Cardiologist last week to have her convince me my pvc's and pac's were really benign and that I didn't have something severe. (I had numerous EKG's, 2 holter monitors, and and echo, all ok, except very mild mitral valve prolapse, also common) Anyways, she said she didn't think anything was wrong with me, and told me to get on the treadmill and do a stress test so they can see what the heart looks like when my pulse spikes up, because my heart skips more when it's either way low or way high. So I get on the treadmill and have a full blown MAJOR panic attack. I was bawling like a baby, because I didn't want to do anything that made my heart skip. Needless to say, they obviously think I'm just a tad bid on the anxious side and referred me to my Dr. for anxiety. So here I am and trying to figure out how to cope. I'm sorry for the long story, just wanted to give you guys something to smile about, at my expense. And, bye the way, I have anxiety over all my health problems, I seem to be scared of everything right now, but it's funny when it isn't you. Hugs, Michelle

Old 09-28-2006, 09:33 AM   #13
(female)

molly666 HB User

i get that sometimes its the anxiety that causes it

Closed Thread