It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2006, 12:26 AM   #1
(female)

lottietrotter HB User
help

jfhgfhgfghfghf

Last edited by lottietrotter; 07-04-2008 at 01:28 AM.

Old 09-09-2006, 04:19 AM   #2
(male)

Icy HB User
Re: help

First of all it definately sounds like you have anxiety and depression(which a lot of people seems to get with anxiety).

Second it sounds like you cannot accept the anxiety attacks and truthfully that is one of the best things you can to do help eliminate them. Everyone has anxiety and it can act up when you get nervous. An example is the upset stomach you get when talking in front of a group of people. You worry about if what your saying will be correct and hope you don't mess up. Well, since anxiety 'acts up' when your nervous constantly worrying about have another attack will make things worse.

You also explained that 'did I hear that' or 'did I see that' feeling I still get that and haven't had a bad anxiety attack in many weeks now. I could never think of how to explain it but I think that is the best way. Once I think that though I fear stupid things like what if I passed out some where and stuff but I just tell myself if I passed out I don't think I'd really realize it.

Honestly you say you are petrified of getting schizophrenia but if you get it you get it you can't really change it so no reason to worry about it. If you worry about it the anxiety will become worse so in turn you will just feel worse.

Some things to cope with it -

Exercise - It releases stress which can help a lot with anxiety attacks. (Personally I think this was the most helpful thing for me)

Get out and do things - I know you will be scared of going out and doing things (I was also) but find someone that you trust, maybe your boyfriend? As you start doing things (which could be as simple as a 10 minute car ride) you will realize that as you get your mind off the anxiety it gets better.

Diet - I recommend eating smaller meals every 3 to 4 hours so your body doesn't start to feel faint from not eating in a while which can make people panic over since we are hypersensitive. Also make sure to drink half your body weight in oz. of water a day so you can avoid dehydration. (160LB person would drink 80oz of water).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2006, 04:33 AM   #3
(male)

808Lion HB User

definitely sounds like you'd benefit from talking to a professional...
the sooner the better, i'd say...
important to lay out a strategy to figure out how to deal with this, live your life with this, etc... and then work on fixing the problem and preventing it from coming back...

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-09-2006 at 06:00 AM.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:42 AM   #4
(female)

lottietrotter HB User

kgjhghjghgfghdf

Last edited by lottietrotter; 07-04-2008 at 01:27 AM.

Old 09-09-2006, 12:19 PM   #5
(male)

Icy HB User

"but the depression gets the better of me and its this horrible spaced out feeling i cant seem to handle. i worry i'll drift from reality completely." - For the most part I feel exactly the same way.

I am slowly getting better (almost eliminated the depression) and haven't had the anxiety attacks in a while. Truthfully I have no advice on how to get rid of it as I 'fight' it it seems to happen less but I really try not to think about it at all. Because of the 'drifting from reality' feeling I seem to think about life and just people in general way to much. As if what if this is my imagination doing all this stuff but I just keep telling myself if it was each day I wouldn't hear or learn something I have no prior knowledge about (that I know of).

Closed Thread