It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2006, 05:53 PM   #1
(female)

RedToBlack HB User
Arrow Here it goes....

Hi Everyone. I want to start by saying it's taken alot of courage for me to actually post on here. Ive been browsing the site for a while but just the thought of trying to explain how Im feeling seemed overwhelming. But things are getting worse and I could use a support group now more then ever.
I really don't know how to start.... I saw a psychiatrist almost 6 months ago , and he prescribed me Paxil. I started with 10mg and after 3 months went to 20mg. Now my health care has changed and I havent spoken to him in over 3 months. I've just moved out of state and know NOONE here other then my fiance'. Anyways, I have 3 days left of Paxil and I can't get into the doctor that is covered by my health insurance for 3 weeks. I tried to take myself off the paxil and noticed effects within 3 weeks. I was an emotional wreck. I dont know if alot of that was psychological but I couldnt compose myself. My heart gets pounding and I lash out at everyone around me. Then feel bad because of my actions afterwards when I can clearly think about them. The emotional ups and downs are exhausting me on a daily basis. I can be completely fine and then break down into tears. But why???? Why do I cry for no apparent reason. My life isnt THAT BAD! But why does it feel so intolerable at times? I just really need some people to talk to so I know Im not alone. I would love to hear how people cope with this. Im scared to death right now of Tuesday coming and going. The last paxil I have. What will happen after its gone? Will life be unbearable for almost 3 weeks??? Will I be able to stop the tears ?
Im in the process of looking for a job and to make matters worse I am now without a vehicle so my fiance' will be driving me to and from work until I can get something. UgH Life problems , which are all tolerable.
Im going to get this all straightened out but now its the waiting game again. Retelling my feelings and life problems to another person, so they can prescribe me something else or the same......Im a mess....

I had to get this out , I dont have anyone else to share this with.
Sorry for the chaos.

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-10-2006 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Please note edit to your post. Always use proper language. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2006, 06:50 PM   #2
(female)

anxiousinnj HB User
Re: Here it goes....

When you made your appt for 3 weeks from now did you explain that you just moved to the area, are on Paxil & almost out ? Let the new doc know & they may try to get you in sooner. If not, I would go to a walk in clinic or ER & explain the problem. I can't imagine that someone will not prescribe you 3 weeks of the Paxil , especially knowing you are new to the area & without a doctor. Does your fiance or fiance's family have a family doctor? That might be of help also.
I don't think it's wise to just go off the Paxil cold turkey. I have never been on it, but just common sense.

Try to be calm & try all of the above- someone is bound to get you a script.
It is hard enough making a move & not knowing anyone, don't put yourself through more stress.

Good luck to you,

anxiousinnj

Old 09-11-2006, 04:58 AM   #3
(female)

audrey1122 HB User
Smile Re: Here it goes....

I would also recommend calling the dc. Or try to call your pld dc and see if they can call a script at a local pharmacy. All will be well. As soon as the newness of moving goes away and you become comforatable with your souroundings. Just remember that you are ok. Good Luck

Closed Thread