It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

nikigrl8883 HB User
Thumbs down feel like im moving when im still/ scared

yes it me again i just wanted to comment on my feelings since i cant sleep....i constantly feel like im falling and moveing when im not moving at all...if i sit still i feel like im tilting over or falling i feel like this all day everyday...i feel anxious i constatly move when im trying to sleep i shake my leg ... the wierd feelings make me nervous and i feel like i have to move to take my mind off it.....i am afraid to do anything now in fear of how ill feel...i get twitching in all differnt parts of my body at night when im relaxed....i feel like im going nuts... im depressed becasue of how i feel....nothing helps the dizzyness nothing....that feeling alone is enough to drive someone insane...i even feel to crappy to go to the doctor i am convinced i have a physical and mental issue combined.......i feel trapped in my own body ... i just want to feel like myself again id give anything...i can handle anxiety feelings but the physical symtptoms are madning , if they are even from anxiety...

Old 09-12-2006, 02:27 AM   #2
(female)

lottietrotter HB User
Re: feel like im moving when im still/ scared

jhgghhghjgjhghgfghf

Last edited by lottietrotter; 07-04-2008 at 01:27 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2006, 02:30 AM   #3
(male)

AAA12345 HB User

Hi there, I think Im having the same feeling as you, well my scenario is a bit different, Im sufferring from anxiety because I think I may be HIV+, this feeling that I get is like im in a dream, some sort of dreamlike state, It stays with me all the time all day and night, ive like this for over a week now, also when im sleeping ill keep shaking my legs and in the morning when I wake up my hands would go numb, I sweat a lot during the day and night which freaks me out because that is a symptom of HIV aswell as anxiety.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Leela_C HB User

Hi Niki. I have the same feelings too. You should go to an ENT and get the "dizzy check". I always felt like I was moving too, but after I had that test they said I wasn't. I would venture a guess that you could have something going on with your nerves as a result of your back injury, and your anxiety is amplifying all of the sensations you are feeling. I believe that is my problem sometimes too. If I don't worry about it as much, the feelings are still there, but not as bad. You seem to have new symptoms constantly. Can I suggest that you stop symptom surfing on the net? I found that really helps me when I don't look things up. I just try to tell myself that it is my anxiety getting to me and if I don't dwell on things, they seem to go away. I do hope you can get some relief from all of this very soon!

Feel better!

Old 09-12-2006, 08:15 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

boxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB User
Smile Re: feel like im moving when im still/ scared

Hi Nikigrl

What you are describing is called vertigo.. It's a hullusination of motion or spinning. Almost ALL causes of vertigo are due to some disturbance in your inner ear. examples can be wax build up, blockage of ear canal, or your Eustachian tube, infection also know as otitis media and a very well known disorder called meniere's.. Some even have vertigo with migraine disorders and allergies as well as tmj disorder.. I myself as you know have vertigo..
I know it can be a very scary feeling... Vertigo is connected to anxiety, almost EVERYONE who experiences vertigo has anxiety second to this disorder. You can feel anything from a sinking feeling when standing, to a swaying or motion sensation, vertigo can also cause you to feel like everything is spinning or moving.. There are many test that can be done to see where the vertigo is coming from.. I can tell you this, anxiety and stress actually intensifies the vertigo so if you can TRY not to get so anxious when you feel this way. believe me I know that is easier said then done, vertigo almost instantly throws me into a panic attack.. Medications such as xanax or other benzo's can help relieve vertigo, as well as over the counter meclizine/antivert, these drugs could be some what sadating making you feel a little drowsy, I myself use xanax if I am having a really bad vertigo day, this seems to take the edge off the symptoms.. Sometimes we have inner ear problems that we don't even realize until we visit with an ENT or neurologist that specializes in these disorders. I know you have a neurologist appointment coming up.. Make sure you address to him that you are experiencing VERTIGO.. Cause this is what your symptoms are very much leaning towards.. Let me know how you make out, keep me posted. Hope this helps a little... I know first hand about vertigo.. I am a suffer myself..
Boxer lover

Old 09-12-2006, 08:44 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

nikigrl8883 HB User

well this isnt a new symptom ive had this the whole darn time,,,i asked about inner ear and the doctor said id be much worse but i dont belive him...when i had the neurological exam i passed it 4 times and i didnt fall over even though i felt dizzy, i can hear things fine my ears dont feel blocked they dont hurt, um i dont know.... if you do have an inner ear problem how do they fix it? if it was a bacterial infection id have a fever by now wouldnt i? what do they give for inner ear problems ? does anyone know? i dont think its my back now causing the issue i mean i didnt hurt it that bad if someone cracking your back can hurt it that much i am in shock! geez my back doesnt even hurt anymore and hasnt for awileHELP

Closed Thread