It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2006, 12:32 PM   #1
(male)

mnman HB User
just want to stay home

hey everyone

I guess I just need some reassurance that everything is going to be ok. Im getting ready to leave for a weekend fishing trip with the guys, and Im so nervous about leaving. I love to fish, but I don't usually go out to the bars, and Im sure we will end up there and I feel like I am going to be out of place. I hate leaving home, and just wish I could stay. For some reason whenever I have to be gone for a couple of days my chest gets tight, my stomach gets really upset and I feel like throwing up....ugh...I hate being this way.

Old 09-15-2006, 12:44 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Bracelet HB User
Re: just want to stay home

Hmm...a fishing trip sounds kind of neat. For me, I find being near the water is very soothing and calming. I'm a Pisces, so maybe that has something to do with it. Also, being out in nature in general, like by a forest or somewhere near a lake or whatever, it helps me feel more grounded and really I feel at one with the world in general.

I have a friend who told me that whenever I'm in the woods, I should take some time just to sit down by a tree and close my eyes to hear the trees talking. They don't talk the way we do, but they make noise with their creaking with the wind, and the rustling of the leaves. Try to listen to that and let it calm you, because that's Mother Earth saying hello. And also, my friend said that if I'm outdoors and I'm feeling panicky, it helps to put your hand on the tree and feel yourself take root the way the tree does, to let all of your fears and anxiety into Mother Earth so she can help cleanse you.

It may sound a little hokey, but I've found that it really works for me. Re-connecting with the Earth, whether it be through the trees or being near the water, is a really great way to ground and center yourself.

As for going to the bar, that's totally your call. You can still go fishing, but if you don't want to go to the bar then don't go. Bring a journal and write about how you're feeling or bring a book to read while they're out. Sometimes it's good to step out of your comfort zone, but I don't blame you for not wanting to go to a bar. I'm not a big drinker myself, and since I quit smoking, I'm not much for being in a smoky bar anymore. It actually annoys me now.

Just know that there's nothing wrong with staying behind if you don't want to go when they do. But don't let the bar thing dissuade you from going fishing, because THAT is a fun and cool thing to do, and that will give you a chance to be at one with Mother Earth. Which is ALWAYS a great thing. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread