It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2006, 08:22 PM   #1
(female)

Lily2005 HB User
How do you cope on the job?

How do you cope with anxiety on the job? I've been out of work for a long time due to anxiety and agoraphobia. However, due to finances, I'm going to have to get back into the workforce. The thought of interviews and starting a new job throws me into a panic. I feel suffocated at having to go to work everyday. How do you all deal with your anxiety? Do you find it hard to have a job?

Old 09-16-2006, 10:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: How do you cope on the job?

I had to take some time off of work due to the same. When it was time to get back to work I was so scared. But.... since then I have been doing better. I have a feeling of being normal. Plus your not at home thinking about symtoms all day. It's tough at first but you start to feel better once on a routine. Do you take any meds?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2006, 11:12 AM   #3
(female)

cecropia HB User

Hi there,
I had to quit my job 14yrs ago because of anxiety. I have tried a couple of times to go back to work. I started my own business and was doing okay and then I relapsed with my illness and had to let the business go. I was off meds at the time. Maybe that's the key, you have to stay on the meds and then you can do the unthinkable, go back to work. My husband has a good job, but we have had to make many concessions over the years because of my problems. He has been very understanding and never made me feel quilty because I couldn't work like I used to. Now I'm in my 50's and I don't plan on going back to work anymore. My husband is retiring this spring and we will somehow manage. You'd be surprised on how you can get a long with less if you try. You may be happier at home and living with a little less. I also experienced the severe anxiety at trying to think of going back to work somewhere. It's not easy, I hope you do okay if that is what you end up doing.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:14 PM   #4
(female)

Lily2005 HB User

Thank you for your replies. Yes, I'm on medication or I couldn't even consider it. Lexapro and, when needed, Xanax. I've tried to make due with less but with all the costs increasing so much I'm going to have to work. My health insurance jumped $200 per month! I'm single and live with my mother. She has only a fixed income since my father passed away 10 years ago. Expenses just go up, up, up!

Old 09-16-2006, 03:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

When I returned to work I was on Lexapro and Klonopin. i have sice stopped lexapro and just on the klonopin. you will do fine. although I hated to go back - I was glad I did. sometimes it is just the anticipation that can cause some unpleasant thinking but once you make that step, which is big step, you will feel great that you made that accomplishment. Let me know how you do! GOOD LUCK!

Old 09-16-2006, 06:28 PM   #6
(female)

cecropia HB User

I really think staying on your medication is the way to go. Boy the insurance is a killer isn't it? I am 8yrs. younger than my husband and after this coming June, I will have to buy my own health insurance because I'm not yet old enough to collect my benefits or be on Medicare and my husband does not have insurance through his company once he retires.

I wish you all the best! I think you will do fine!

Closed Thread