It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2006, 12:26 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User
how many panic attacks have you had....??

im just curious.. i had too many to count.

Old 09-16-2006, 01:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: how many panic attacks have you had....??

I have had 4 in 8 months. I do however take klonopin (I split .05 mil in quarters and just take a 1/4 each night). I also have the nasty symptms that come along with the anxiety. Bad thoughts, afraid of death, foggy feeling all of the time. sometimes I think I will have an attack becasue of these feelings.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2006, 04:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

boxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB User
Wink Re: how many panic attacks have you had....??

More than I can ever remember, I suffer from panic disorder and I can say I have had one too many!!!! Some days they can be on going all day.. Horrible disorder and my heart goes out to everyone who is a panic sufferer as well..

Old 09-16-2006, 07:49 PM   #4
(female)

gamimetal HB User

I have had panic attacks on and off for 40 years

Went along time without one but about 6 weeks ago I had a bad one and it brought back all of my anxiety problems again

Now I feel i am starting over

Old 09-16-2006, 09:22 PM   #5
(female)

shorty21 HB User

i am like you boxerlover for about the last 5 months i have had at least 5 a day used to be worse i have learned now ho to control them better but im sure you know there is no way to control them completely anyways i have had alot........... there not fun i to suffer from panic disorder ontop of anxiety.....

Last edited by shorty21; 09-16-2006 at 09:24 PM.

Old 09-17-2006, 12:08 AM   #6
(female)

Nakita HB User

I've been having panic attacks for about 5 years now, and in the past three weeks i've been having about three a day. I'm on about three different meds and just increased to 1 mg xanax 3 x day prn.

Nakita

Old 09-17-2006, 08:20 AM   #7
(female)

Amy D.J. HB User

I have had panic disorder for about a year now, since I started meds. I do not have the panic attacks as often maybe twice to three times a month now but in the begginning at least every other day and they were severe and hard to control they still are scary but at least I know what they are now, I would not wish this disorder on anybody it is to horrible. Take Care! Amy J.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:28 AM   #8
(female)

kidd123 HB User

My history of panic attacks is sporadic. My very first panic attack was in 1990 and I had another one a few days later where I got up in the night and called 911. Then 4 or 5 years went by and I didn't have any. It seems that my body is highly sensitive to chemicals(Aspertame), foods like caffeine, but especially drugs. A half tablet of Effexor XR gave me an attack for 4 hrs before it wore off! So, I do not believe that it is a stress-related disorder, because I have had plenty of stress, without any panic attacks. It may be a biochemical disorder. The past 20 years I have been diagnosed with various autoimmune diseases--Fibromyalgia, Sjogren's Syndrome & just last March Lupus. Just recently I have learned a deep breathing exercise that I find will prevent my panic attacks almost every time. I pray that everyone can find relief from panic because it is the worst kind of suffering. One never knows when one will be attacked. Please keep fighting to find what works for you!

Old 09-17-2006, 01:35 PM   #9
(male)

quiksilver34 HB User

i have mini panic attacks like the other day i got one cause i got lost in this HUGE grocery store lol. i know iam a lil old to be getting lost in a store but i didnt have my cell phone to call who i was with in the store.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:56 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User

Over the course of my life thus far? I'm 31, so probably in the hundreds. This week? One really big, full-blown one, and about 4 "limited symptom" attacks. Today? Some symptoms, no real attack, yay!

Old 09-17-2006, 08:24 PM   #11
(male)

shane24 HB User

All I know is that I've had 100's of anxiety and panic attacks, that's why I need to be on certain meds for them.

Closed Thread