It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2006, 09:54 AM   #1
(female)

jzzlvr13 HB User
What kind of anxiety?

I have read tons of information about anxiety disorder over the past two years but still don't know what it is I have.
For two years I wake up every morning from a sound sleep at from 5-7 with this anxious, electrical feel, and a nervous stomach. During the morning I am not comfortable, hard to eat, etc. About noon it starts to let up. By evening I am absolutely fine.Anything could happen and I would not be anxious. The whole thing feels time driven, not event driven. I can be lying down, watching tv and the feeling will start to develop. I take xanax and it helps if I can get it before the anxiety really develops. I do live with a fair amount of pain...four operations in four years.....a knee replacement coming in three weeks. This has been going on for two years. Before that I was quite a mellow fellow.I just would like to know what it is and what to do about it. I have no problems with people, places or events. Things of that natue don't bother me a bit. Meeting new people is a joy. I have no compulsive habits or mood swings. I just don't know.
Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Barbara

Last edited by jzzlvr13; 09-17-2006 at 09:57 AM.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: What kind of anxiety?

A friend of mine had this problem. He went to a sleep lab and found out he was having an issue with sleep apnia (sp). This was easily fixed. If you don;t get enough sleep it may bring on anxiety. This happens with me. I envy you that you only feel anxious in the morning. I would at this point wish that on myself. Hope all goes well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2006, 01:32 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User
Re: What kind of anxiety?

Hi Barbara,
It could be that you have generalized anxiety disorder and you're experiencing "anticipatory anxiety"; you expect to feel bad at certain times and you do. I don't know if I buy that or not, though! It sounds as if "real" health problems set off your anxiety. That happens sometimes; health issues can also worsen already anxious people's disposition. Have you thoroughly talked this over with your doc? It could be your pain that is the big issue, maybe you're dreading this chronic pain so much that it's turned you into a "nerves" case. I'm a layperson, but you don't really sound like most of the anxious people I've talked with in real life and online over the years. It seems that you are able to function pretty well most of the time. Do you take any medications that may have side effects of upset stomach or jitteriness? Do you see a psychologist or psychiatrist? If not, you may want to consider it; they can help people with anxiety and chronic pain. Some of the older antidepressant medications also sometimes help chronic pain. Take care.

Closed Thread