It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
(female)

Fiona84 HB User
Irrational Thoughts

Hi everyone,

I had been doing very well with my anxiety the past few months. Then last week I went into the doc for an annual womenly exam, not worried about a thing, and my doctor told me I have an enlarged thyroid and have to get it checked out. I am having an ultrasound done and, lo and behold, my anxiety came back full force.

Now, once again, I am noticing heart palps and all of a suddeen have pain in my lymph nodes (which i used to get but went away) and ears and armpits. Even though nothing has been diagnosed yet, I am not wanting to bother with work because I am convinced I have cancer and will have to quit anyways. I can't stop the stream of irrational thoughts!

They aren't just health related ---I am scared to eat too fast in case I joke. I take very small bites. Its ridiculous! I'm afraid to fly because I just KNOW my plane is going to crash or be bombed. Every time the phone rings I think its someone with bad news. I even had a thought a week ago "I won't live to see this movie come out" and ever since I had that thought-it came out of nowhere- am scared it might come true.

I have been told by 2 doctors I probably don't need meds since my anxiety is "situational"- in this case, I am having a health scare that has triggered off a wave of anxiety related to EVERYTHING.

I hate feeling this way. Why do I have such irrational thoughts and why do I convince myself they are TRUE?!?!!??! I just hate when this happens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2006, 10:54 PM   #2
(female)

shorty21 HB User
Re: Irrational Thoughts

fiona, i know exactly how you feel i have been suffering from anxiety and panic disorder, i got sick about 6 months ago and wasnt given any answers until i had been filling ill for about 2 by that time i had already self diagnosed, i started having dizziness, chest pains, heart palps, was off balance and felt real spaced out like i was on something, i was diagnosed with vestibular nerionitis but i am constantly worried i have a brain tumor, heart problems, nerves system disorder if it is life threating i am worried i have it, i to worry all the time i am going to die, but when i calm my self down enough i know it is my anxiety and panic disorder that causes me to feel this way, i am also frustrated with always feeling worried or on edge, and im sure you know that anxiety in its self can make anything worse, im so sorry you to are having to go threw this but i know how you feel and i also know that it helps me when i read threads like yours because then i know im not alone and there are other people out there with this same problem. hope you feel better

nancy (shorty)

Closed Thread