It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2006, 08:44 AM   #1
(female)

positivemom HB User
anxiety that hits you out of the blue??????

I have GAD, And im hypothyroid. I have bouts of anxiety every day of my life and feel like it gets worse when i stress. I feel better when im not under any pressure to be any where or have to do anything. I take lexapro 20 mg and lorazepam when needed. I am getting better but just cant understand why these anxiety flashes hit me all of the sudden and then just go away after a while. I guess i want to know will anxiety be with me the rest of my life or will it eventually just go away? I know im not the only one who suffers with this but it sure does feel lonely when your going through it. I hope to find some insight through this board with some reassurance from other viewers. I only want positive feed back. I cant take any negative unless its helpful. Trying to be smarter then my anxiety is helping out alot. Thanks Positivemom

Old 09-18-2006, 08:59 AM   #2
(female)

cecropia HB User
Re: anxiety that hits you out of the blue??????

I have never taken anything other than Buspirone because everything else gave me too many side effects. My first bout was in 1992 and I stayed on Buspirone for 2yrs. mostly the first year at the highest dose and only 5mg. a day the second year. I weened off in the fall of 1994 and was off all meds until March of 1998. Many things triggered it again and I went back on Buspirone from March 1998 until 2002. Only in 1998 did I take it at 5mg. three times a day and then from 1999 thru 2002 I only used a maintenance dose of 5mg. a day or every other day. Sometimes I went for several weeks and didn't take it. I weened off completely in January 2002 and was off all meds again until June 21st of 2006. I have no idea what triggered it this time. So yes and no, yes you can get normal again and stay that way, but no maybe you will not stay well and you may relapse....

You won't be sick your whole life once you find the right med that works for you. I think once you experience anxiety attacks you are a like a broken china cup that has been glued back together, you are always vulnerable to relapse again. Just be glad there is medication out there for us to use, and I believe they will keep improving on the newer ones. They have to, all the baby boomers are getting sick with this junk and they have always been the biggest pushers of health reform.

Last edited by cecropia; 09-18-2006 at 09:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread