It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2006, 09:37 AM   #1
(female)

Taglia HB User
Tired Eyes

Does anyone ever have a day where their eyes can't keep up wtih the surroundings. I can't explain it but your eyes just feel so tired and it is hard to look at things with too much motion. I have suffered with anxiety for 3 years know and I guess this is my latest symptom! Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Take care everyone

Old 09-18-2006, 09:44 AM   #2
(female)

mustlovedogs HB User
Re: Tired Eyes

I have this often. Though I have to admit that I've come to the conclusion that it is more computer eye strain for me than anything else. It may or may not be the same for you. Here's what I experience...

I'm a professional graphic designer and all of my work is done on the computer. I work full time and also freelance, so I'm often in front of the computer 10-12 hours a day doing very detailed artwork. There are many times when my eyes burn, or can't seem to focus after I've moved away from the computer. I also have the occasional tunnel vision and hallucination (by hallucination, I mean where I'm looking at something solid and it appears to be moving or vibrating...most recent example of this was that I was sitting on my deck and looked down at the boards and they looked like they would look in extreme heat).

Extended computer use and detailed work of any kind will do this to your eyes. I sometimes find that I get the same eye strain if I've been making jewelry all day (detailed work), even when I haven't been near my computer that day. When I stay away from the computer or detail work for a day or more (difficult to do since I freelance), I don't experience it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread