It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2006, 10:44 AM   #1
(female)

ronniesteers HB User
Unhappy 3 Car Accidents in Less Than a Month!

I really can't believe it. I already suffer with anxiety and was just recovering from the other accidents (the first was not my fault, the second was). Well, this morning was a pretty good morning. My daughter got ready right away, we were running a little early (which is unusual for us, usually we run a little late). Well, any way on the way to her school someone pulled out (was making a left turn) of a housing development without looking. Crashed right into my car and then took off. I was not able to get a tag number (was too far away by the time I pulled over safely since I had my daughter in the car).
There's a lot of damage to the side and hood.

I am so paranoid. I've been crying all morning and don't know what else to do. The insurance will cover my car damage, but not the rental car. Any way it does go to prove the theory that every time things are going okay something bad does happen. I am so upset and don't even want to drive anymore. I hate that person that just took off. Tonight, my fiance and I are driving through the complex to see if we can see a damaged car (probably won't find it though) I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I feel like there's no hope anymore.

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-18-2006 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Please note edit to your post. Always use proper language. If you know that a word is questionable enough that you have to * parts of it out, then don't use that word. Ms_Mod

Old 09-19-2006, 08:31 AM   #2
(female)

mustlovedogs HB User
Re: 3 Car Accidents in Less Than a Month!

That's awful! I would be furious, too! Look at it this way, though...you can't go backward. What's happened has happened and you can't change it (nor can you change the rudeness of others). The only thing to do right now is look forward. If you can find the person's car, jot down the tag number and let your insurance company (and the police and maybe an attorney) handle it. Bad things happen to good people and there's no escaping it. I know it's hard to let go of the anger because you were severely wronged, but when you realize that there's nothing you can do to change the accident or the person, you've got nothing left but to let it go and move forward.

I hope you find the car and the person has to pay for the damage to yours (and maybe a nice hefty fine for a hit-and-run). In the meantime, it's discouraging and makes you not want to drive anymore, and that's understandable, but don't let that happen--don't let the accidents defeat you. It sounds like your daughter needs your chaffeuring skills, so you can't let her down.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2006, 09:07 AM   #3
(female)

ronniesteers HB User
Re: 3 Car Accidents in Less Than a Month!

Thanks Must Love Dogs. I'll do my best. Found a damaged car last night in the complex, gave the police the address, etc. Whether it was or wasn't her, at least I've tried. I am really terribly depressed though. I think it's just going to take a while to recover.

Closed Thread