It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User
anyone? please help

anyone get this where your heart shakes inside of your chest all the sudden and feels like your heart almost stopped?? i dont know if this is anxiety.. im scared though.. can anyone tell me or explain this?? thank you

Old 09-18-2006, 02:11 PM   #2
(female)

timetoreclaim HB User
Re: anyone? please help

Hi, I have had anxiety that started from panic attacks now off and on for almost 10 years. Odd heart symptoms is one of the things that came along with it. It can range from a flutter to a feeling like my heart is doing a flip in my chest and as though I can't get any air for a second. It can even happen when I am not really having high anxiety at all and out of the blue. I have had EKG's and a holter monitor and they found nothing to be concerned about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2006, 02:26 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User

I have had weird heart feelings on and off for half my life thus far. It started with the skips, then I get a strange, indescribable feeling as if something is going wrong but I don't know what (I posted about it a week or so ago). Even though I've been checked out, heart feelings are disconcerting. Just know that you are not alone, feeling "weird" heart sensations, racing, palpitations, all those are some of the most common anxiety symptoms experienced. Even non-anxious people have these sensations, they just don't worry about them like we do!

Old 09-19-2006, 06:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Leela_C HB User

gxpark - I get that feeling about once a day now. I have had so many heart tests and they have found nothing. I'm actually getting another holter on October 9, but I bet you anything it won't happen when I have that. When it first started happening it would throw me into a sheer panic. Now when it happens I just try to breathe and ride it out. It only lasts for a couple of seconds. It actually happens to me really bad when I lay in bed on my left side. It feels like my heart is quivering and flopping around in my chest. If I check my pulse it feels normal so I don't know what is going on. If you have been checked out by a cardiologist like most of us on this board have I'm sure it is nothing. Like CircusSquirrel said, most people have those sensations but only us anxious people pay any attention to them. My cardiologist even said the same thing.

Old 09-19-2006, 12:15 PM   #5
(female)

Taglia HB User

I have had that exact symptom for about 11 years now and I finally wore a holter monitor and my doctor told me I have Premature Ventricular Contractions wich are very commom for anxiety sufferes. The problem is that when I get them I get really nervous, but someone on this health board told me to think of them as heart hiccups and I feel a little more at peace when they happen. Take care, I hope this is helpful for you.

Closed Thread