It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
(male)

WorryTooMuch HB User
Have you worried so much that...

Hi, I'm new to this site and am glad that I found it. Has anyone worried so much about something (like a pain in the groin area) that it makes you super anxious, nervous plus the pain keeps coming back because you just can't stop thinking about it? Am I losing my mind? Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2006, 09:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User
Re: Have you worried so much that...

hi, i know that feeling much to well! what seems to be your biggest worry is it the problem you mentioned?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2006, 04:26 AM   #3
(male)

WorryTooMuch HB User

Hi hyper79,

Yes, a week ago, i felt this short sting. I checked the area and found a mole. A worry wart that I am, I went to the dermatogist to get it removed and biopsy. Came back benign. The problem is I'm still experiencing the "sting." I'm starting to believe that it's all in my head. I cannot stop thinking about it. Do you know if anxiety medicine can help me stop thinking about it?

Old 09-19-2006, 04:55 PM   #4
(male)

rakuz66 HB User

Been there , done that, and I still can't let it go. Everytime I start worrying about physical ailments, I go straight downhill emotionally.

Old 09-19-2006, 05:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

hi wtm, it is very possible its just a nerve in that area that gives that sensation, i have a old chainsaw wound on my leg and i occasionally get tingles and stings. antianxiety meds do help with the anxiety that comes from the actual point of worry being the surgery spot.i hope that makes sense? try to accept the fact it was benign and if it stings think of it as healing but if it becomes way bothersom go back to your dermatologist for reasurance but i would think all is fine.keep us posted

Old 09-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #6
(male)

Marconis HB User

Yes. Whenever I feel pain I get really nervous, and I cannot stop paying attention to the pain, therefore making it worse.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:08 AM   #7
(male)

WorryTooMuch HB User

Hi Marconis,

So is it possible that Lexapro can help me stop thinking about getting this sting? I can't get myself to stop thinking that the sting is going to come back. Whenever the sting occurs, my body gets really nervous, anxious, nauseated feeling, weak, etc. Thanks for everyone that replies. I appreciate it.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:40 PM   #8
(male)

Marconis HB User

I dont know much about anxiety medication. Sorry, can't help ya there. Good luck and I hope you find a "cure"

Old 09-21-2006, 02:43 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

hi, distraction is one of the best cures,not knocking meds any at all.i felt pretty depressed and anxious this morning with a knocker of a sinus headache, so i put on my walkman and walked 2 1/2 miles and i feel like a different person at this very moment.if infact you do suffer from ocd or a anxiety disorder you have to meet the medication half way, either through thearpy sessions, self help books, relaxation ect..Antidepressants usually do a fair job as well as antianxiety meds untill the person gets through the present situation but some dont.i may be wrong?? pain is real but its how we deal with it is what either makes us or breaks us "positive attitude always" ive been in pain for many years with health conflicts and several times giving up was a option i weighed a time or to because i feared i could no longer go on like this.well im here so im sure i made the right choice.like i said before get out and do something creative.the mind cant perform 2 thoughts at the same time,like counting to a hundred and singing a song at the exact same time,impossible for most.i have a friend to some point inspired me, he was in a bad car accident and was left paralized from the waist down, he was a party animal,a drunk some might say,loved to fight ... in an instant his life changed.it was a miracle he actually lived due to massive head trauma.well today he is a changed person,wheelchair bound but dealing with pain in a happy sort of way.i talk to him from time to time and the times im depressed, this guy actually lifts my spirits joking and laughing dispite the physical pain he is in?id hate to know what would become of him if he dwelled on his condition.i didnt mean to write so much but its something to think on.

Last edited by hyper79; 09-21-2006 at 02:46 PM.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:51 PM   #10
(male)

WorryTooMuch HB User

Hyper, thanks for your post. I will do my best to try and keep myself busy, that way my mind will be off the "sting." Thanks again for your post.

Closed Thread