It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2006, 09:05 AM   #1
(female)

sweeterthan HB User
I don't know what to do anymore

I am so exhausted from anxiety. I am no longer on the medication for a while now, as I decided I do not want to be addicted and rely on a pill to feel better. I just don't know what to do anymore I thought I could get through this but its getting worse. I cannot sleep at night, the mind doesn't stop, my heart is pumping, I litterally want to jump out of my skin. The thoughts just race and I can't turn it off. Then after falling asleep at 3 am I wake up too early with the same feelings. Followed by anxiety all day long. I think the only time I don't have it is at work where I can just sit at my desk and stay occupied. At home I am taking care of a 9 month old who is walking already. I think since having the child I was starting to feel better then a few months pass and the anxiety is getting worse again. Is anyone getting through this with out the meds? I'm so scared to go back on the klonopin as I know how addictive it could be. Thanks.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:43 AM   #2
(female)

shorty21 HB User
Re: I don't know what to do anymore

i dont take any meds for my anxiety im afraid of the side effects and the addiction they cause, i am like you though im constantly anxious but i dont have a job so basicly i have nothing to keep me occupied, it is very hard dealing with all of this and most of the time i even converse my self i dont have anxiety, its always something more serious that i think i have, like something life threatning, a while back i did try an anti-depressent/anti-anxiety med and it helped the only thing about that, that was bad was the side effects of it if you just stoped taking it, but that was my fault everyone knows not to just stop taking an anti/depressent you have to whine(sp) your self off of it anyways it was called (cymbalta) thats really the only med i know anything about i took it for about a year and it really help, well i hope my post helps you if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Nancy (short21)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2006, 09:56 AM   #3
(female)

dannieishappy HB User
Re: I don't know what to do anymore

Dear Sweeterthan,

Anxiety is a physiological response to stimulas. Whether in your case its chemical or emotional the result is the same. You have anxiety and your miserable. There are ways to DEFEAT anxiety. My first suggestion is exercise. I know it sounds lame but hear me out. When you exercise you release endorphins like seratonin. These are your "feel good" chemicals that come from your brain. They are released into your system and your mood elevates. Whether you want it to or not it will! Over time and with DAILY EXERCISE you will build up enough in your system to stabilize and you will feel GREAT! Also, wrong thinking will cause anxiety. Everytime you begin to think of something negative STOP AND REVERSE! Another words, change the thought to a positive one. At first this will be hard because you have been thinking in a negative pattern for so long you now have to "retrain" your brain so to speak but eventually RIGHT THINKING will be your natural course. And lastly, breathe. I know you have heard this before but it works! When you feel the anxiety building take a deep breath, hold for 2 counts and release SLOWLY for 4. Do this 8-10 times. Move to a distraction like vaccuum, paint or anything physical! There are probally great medications out there but for me the side effects were worse than my anxiety and depression. MY MEDICATION is exercise and I do it everyday. I haven't had anxiety or depression for almost three years and I am medication free. Just try it. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. God Bless!

Last edited by dannieishappy; 09-19-2006 at 10:01 AM.

Closed Thread