It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2006, 04:14 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User
Could this be Anxiety

I have been really depressed and on Medications for this problem. Last night I got real upset and it felt like I couldn't breath and my throat was so tight and it felt like I could not swallow. It was like my air was gonna shut off. I was reall sceared. I noticed that my heart went to beating real fast also. Could someone give me some answers to this please. I need help, or do I need to go back to my Doctor and tell them how I done. I am on Zanax and it's the strongest I can take. Thanks!

Old 09-20-2006, 07:49 AM   #2
(female)

Diane720 HB User
Re: Could this be Anxiety

It sounds like anxiety to me. I can always tell when my anxiety is up...just from my breathing. It does feel like your air is cut off.....and your heart will race. Try taking slow deep breaths....instead of fast shallow ones (which sends you into hyperventilating) But of course it's always a good idea to check with your doc....just to be sure.

hope you are feeling better today.

Diane

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2006, 08:28 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User

Diane,

When you are having trouble with anxiety, do you feel like a knot comes up in your throat and it feels like it just tighens up to where you can't breath? Thats the way I did last night. Now today I have not done that way but you let me get mad or upset, then thats the way I do. I am gonna talk to my doctor about this and see what she says about it. It gets sceary when you feel like you can't breath don't it?

Old 09-21-2006, 10:26 AM   #4
(female)

Diane720 HB User

I definately get that knot in my throat....and it's very scary to feel like you can't breath. Like I said...just try and take slow deep breaths....and relax. I know.....easier said than done.....but it usually works for me. Anxiety is a horrible thing, but it can become less, and for some people gone altogether. I just simply take one day at a time, and some of them are good....and some not so good.

I hope you are able to find what works for you....and things get better.

Diane

Old 09-21-2006, 11:07 AM   #5
(male)

HarryAngel HB User

I would think twice before reflexively reaching for meds. There is a reason your body and psyche is trying to tell you something. It sounds like you are craving security and emotional nourishment so my first move if I were you would be to get around caring people. Find a group somewhere and work your way in slowly. Be persistent but patient.

Closed Thread