It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2006, 07:07 AM   #1
(female)

mishkaaa HB User
may sound a bit odd ..

okay, this may sound a little weird. but with my anxiety/OCD (repetitive thoughts) .. i believe that i'm causing this myself. i always am worrying about something .. whether it be that i'm going to get cancer and die, or i have terrible repetitive thoughts of violence which make me think that i'm going to go crazy and kill someone. this time last year, i was very depressed and my anxiety was very high. out of nowhere the other day, i got a feeling of doom like i had last year. like something was going to go wrong, i was going to hurt someone etc. since then, i have been obsessing over the fact that i might become depressed again, which is giving me anxiety. i don't know how to stop this, because i don't want to become depressed again, but i know that if i keep thinking like this i will. i am not and have never been on meds. any input is appreciated.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:01 PM   #2
(female)

mishkaaa HB User
Re: may sound a bit odd ..

someone please respond, makes me feel crazy that no one can relate..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2006, 03:06 PM   #3
(female)

anxiousinnj HB User

I* can relate to the feelings of doom-- if it is becoming a daily problem then I would talk to a psyche doc.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:26 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Bracelet HB User

I can also relate to that feeling of doom. And sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one. Of course, after spending some time on this anxiety message board, i find that pretty much EVERYone on this site has had that feeling at some point, so I know I'm not alone.

But as for the other stuff, I never like to advocate going on meds, because I really hate all of the meds out there for anti-anxiety and anti-depressant, but if you are really having such a severe problem, you may have to consider it. But I'm not a doctor, so i can't tell you for sure. You would definitely benefit though, from some kind of counseling, I think. At least talking about it with someone would help you realize that your feelings are a common anxiety thing and at least then you'll know that you're not weird or anything, just anxious.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:45 AM   #5
(female)

mishkaaa HB User

i currently go to a counselor, and have been going to him for almost a year. i'm just not on any meds. i am due for my period in a few days, do you think that is a pretty valid reason as to why i started feeling like this out of nowhere? i was pretty stable before this. now i just feel so distant .. i feel like my boyfriend is already fed up withmy anxiety, etc. i have bad thoughts about hurting my parents although i would never do such a thing, so sometimes its hard for me to be around them because i will have bad thoughts. i hate this. i hate the feelings of doom. what do your 'feelings of doom' feel like?

Old 09-22-2006, 11:09 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User

yes i have the same thoughts and im wondering if its because of anxiety or im just crazy too

Closed Thread