It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2006, 05:22 AM   #1
(male)

WorryTooMuch HB User
Lexapro or Xanax. What would be the better route?

Hi everyone,

I was prescribed Lexapro 10mg yesterday, but a co-worker of mine said that I shouldn't go on something long-term. He said that I should try Xanax. Has anyone taken either or both? Any advice would be greatly appreciated (good/bad).

My worry problem right now is that I've been feeling a sudden "sting" in my groin area and I'm starting to think that because I cannot absolutely stop thinking about getting the next "sting," that it will return. I am losing a lot of sleep and feeling weak, tired, anxious all the time because I'm just waiting for the next "sting" to occur. I'm hoping one of these pills will help me stop thinking about it.

Thanks for all your help.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:57 AM   #2
(female)

trouble3906 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Lexapro or Xanax. What would be the better route?

iVE TAKEN BOTH,I HAVE SEVERE PANIC ATTACKS.XANAX IS SOOOOO ADICTIVE, BUT IT IS THE ONLY ONE THAT IS THE ONLY THING THAT CONTROLLS THEM.OTHERWISE I AM AFRAID TO GO OUT BECAUSE OF THEM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2006, 06:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Lexapro or Xanax. What would be the better route?

I was on Lexapro for a few months and It really helped me. Along with that I was on klonopin to help with sleep and until the Lexapro started to work. I came off of it after a few months and just took the klonopin. Now I am starting Celexa and hopefully taper off the klonopin.You can go either route but you need to talk to your DR. about the best one for you. Do what YOU feel comfortable with because then you will be faithful to it. Everyone takes meds differently.Does your friend have anxiety?

Closed Thread