It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2006, 06:46 AM   #1

judyte HB User
sonogram today worried

Im leaving in 10 minutes. Im having frequent urination and of course i think ih ave some kind of cancer. Ive had some stomach problems on and off so im convinced its cancer somewhere.
My Dr is doing a sonagrm to ease my mind. Wish me luck.
Im pretty sure its the ZOloft causing the urination but with my HA I need to make sure.
Im just concerned if they dont find anything whats the next step. Will I stp worrying or run to the urologist . WHat a sad way to live

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2006, 11:12 AM   #2
(female)

cecropia HB User
Re: sonogram today worried

Hi, back in 1992 when I was 40 all my problems started from axiety, just didn't know it and it was almost a year before I was diagnosed properly. I had stomach upset and all kinds of distress. One doctor told me to stop eating cheese and milk products which ended up having nothing to do with it. I had frequent urination with pain and went to a urologist who performed some tests and said I must not be voiding properly and wanted me to come back and learn to catherize myself to empty my bladder completely. I went into total panic wondering how this could be after 40yrs. of never having a problem.

I did not go back, instead I started asking around for who knew of a popular well liked and trusted urologist and found one and sought a second opionion. After this urologist performed some of the same tests he said I was having spasms of the uretha and was caused from anxiety and my bladder was in perfect condition. He said the other urologist was way off with my diagnosis. Thank goodness I went and got another opionion. I was put on medicine for the spasms, a drug called cystospaz or something like that and Buspar for the anxiety. I've never had any more problems with my bladder probably because I quit worrying about it once I knew what was happening. I still suffer from anxiety though. Anxiety can cause a million symtoms, so if you get checked out and they find nothing wrong, it's likely anxiety.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread