It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2006, 10:17 AM   #1
(female)

shorty21 HB User
Weird Feelings!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!

can anyone tell me why it is so hard for me to believe all of my physical symptoms are from anxiety? I have had a ct of head and chest, x rays of my stomache, spinal tap, 2 ekg's, i wore a heart monitor for two days, and i had a boocoo of blood work, whouldnt this things show if there was something lifetreatning going on with me??? I have been getting headches for about two months know (anixiety for 4) and sometimes my scalp kind has an icey hot sensation on it and it is sore(sometimes) has anyone ever heard of this. do you know how your head feels if you live a ponny tail up to long the sornes is kind like that, but thats not what stumps me its the icey hot sensation it really scares me sometimes, if this was a symptom of something bad wouldnt have show up in all the test i had run???? please if anyone can help me out i would really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!

also i might add that i have had all the classic symptoms of anxiety, from heart palps to thinking i am about to die and always worring about my heath and what if i get this symptom than that means i have this and so on and so on and so on!!!!!

Old 09-21-2006, 10:29 AM   #2
(female)

cecropia HB User
Re: Weird Feelings!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!

If you are not on medication right now for anxiety, maybe you should at least consider it. Sounds to me as if your gas peddle is stuck wide open and you can't quit the worrying going on inside of your head. You need to start healing your nerve ends and recoating them, they sound very frayed right now. If your tests are all coming up negative then the symptoms are most likely really, really caused from anxiety and your anxiety sounds very high. The right drug hopefully will calm you down and you will be able to put your life back into perspective again. I think almost everyone has gone through this, the denial stage, and then when they except anxiety as a disease or illness the same as diabetis, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and etc., they seek treatment and eventually get better.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2006, 01:15 PM   #3
(female)

SETAV HB User

Hi
I am new here and posted for the first time on 9-18. Please read me post. I have what I called sensations that feel like Ben gay, which I am assuming is like your icy hot sensations. I mainly get it on my calves and back, but sometimes on my scalp in addition to chills on my scalp. I also listed many other weird symptoms . My post is 'Anxiety or Something else'. Please read it. It sounds like you can relate. I have an overwhelming sense of doom, but since reading al lot of symptoms on this board, I am starting to think it's general anxiety. I have never had an attack, but I fell anxious ALL DAY LONG. My symptoms are with me constantly.
Mary

Old 09-21-2006, 01:36 PM   #4

freedomforce HB User

I think alot of people with anxiety go through what you've experienced. I have Gerd and it really kicks my anxiety into high gear,sometimes for weeks. I had all the major blood work tests,ekg, and they basically told me I have gerd and high blood pressure (I'm sure from the anxiety). Anyways my last episode my back and sides hurt for weeks, my hands burned like I had icey hot on them. I was a crying mess who was sure I was about 3 days from being commited. I had all medical tests comeback ok. It's hard to believe that the mind can cause such symptoms because they are so hard core physical in nature but since I've gotten on medication for anxiety/depression on my good days I realize how much anxiety can effect the body. It's a disease like the previous poster said.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:38 AM   #5
(female)

daisy25 HB User

Hi Everyone~I can relate to all of this, I also made post it's called pain in the left leg, I started getting the panic attacks about 4 months ago and it really scared me. The feeling I have when it happens is just a weird feeling in my body and I feel very still like I am going to die. I try to calm myself down but that is so hard to do. I take ativan alot for the anxiety especially to sleep. But over the past month I have been having alot of physical side effects, from achiness all over, headaches on one side of my head and shortness of breath, stiff neck and back and leg pains. I have alot of blood work done 2 emergency room visits over the past week and test done for major medical stuff everything comes back negative. But now I feel like I have a blood clot in my leg and I can't stop thinking about it. I know alot of it is hypochondria but it's so hard to stop thinking about it. I do get the icy hot pain in my head though especially at night and I have no idea what it is. Does anyone know any tricks on calming down during the day and at night when it is dark? Well I am thinking about everyone on here and will say a prayer.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:26 PM   #6
(female)

shorty21 HB User

i really appeciate all of your post if helps me gratly, i am doing so much better after talking with all of you and also read a book on concoring(sp) anxiety/panic attacks it is amazing what talking to people can do for a person once again takes for your replys

nancy(shorty)

Closed Thread