It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
(female)

Sarah546 HB User
Unhappy is something wrong?

hi.
i'm a sophmore in high school, and for the past year i've noticed something not being.. right with me or something. i have these weird freak outs where i go into a pointless fit of rage. i have trouble breathing, i get shaky, and my heart races.
i have hypothyroidism, and i am on two different medications for that. my doctor is a moron and for some reason no one can explain to me WHy i am on two different pills. i know that you aren't supposed to take certain medications if you have hypothyroidism, and i have not taken anything at all so i know that other meds couldn't be interfering with my current ones.
when i get up in front of class i get kind of jerky and i freeze, and when i speak i stutter constantly, which only makes me panic more.
i have trouble staying awake in class, no matter how much sleep i get. sometimes i'll come home and just pass out until 9 P.M. and then i can't get back to sleep unitl 2 or 3 in the morning. i feel exhausted, i'm groggy all the time.
sometimes people will be talking to me and i won't hear them. i just don't notice when they're talking, i guess. but then they get all annoyed because they hate having to repeat themselves constantly.
in a lot of my classes when we review the material i get it just fine, but then we're left to do our work and i totally go blank.
my mom is going through some stuff and my friends and i are kind snapping at each other a lot lately, which makes me feel stressed out. i feel like my mother's problems are my fault or something. sometimes at night i cry so hard that i throw up. i get so frustrated because i don't know if i'm just weird or overreacting or if i have some type of medical thing going on.
i've thought about asking my mom to take me to the doctor, but i think they'll just think i'm some whiny teenager looking for some type of meds.
i just want to be abl to get up in front of a room and not freak out and i want to stop feeling like crap every day.
sorry this is so long. any advice?

Last edited by Sarah546; 09-21-2006 at 10:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2006, 07:53 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User
Re: is something wrong?

Tell your mother exactly how you feel. Your thyroid may be your entire problem, or you may have some anxiety with the thyroid issues. My sister-in-law thought she was an anxiety case until they finally corrected her thyroid problem. You have to go to the doc and get this straightened out, and since you're a minor, you pretty much have to get your mom on your side and let her help you advocate for yourself. Don't blame your mom's problems on yourself; we adults have problems that have little or nothing to do with our children, so don't take on that burden, I'm sure your mother wouldn't want you to feel that way. Take care and let us know how you are.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:19 AM   #3
(female)

srl67 HB User
Re: is something wrong?

Hey I feel the same way about going to the doctor but you need to go. At least to get some sort of sanity for your sake. You are too young to be feeling like this and yes as a mother of a 21 year old, us adults have issues and kids may think they are the cause but your not. Talk to your mom. Show her your message and responses.
I agree that the thyroid could be a big problem and ask the doc to explain the meds. Mine didn't when she gave me Zoloft and I was in the dark until someone else explained it to me.
don't be ashamed or afraid to ask for help

Closed Thread