It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2006, 07:33 AM   #1
(female)

fubaldo HB User
Please Help! Freaking out over med!

I've been taking Buspar for nearly a month. A couple of days ago I started to have muscle pain, tender,(very) lymph nodes under my arms and pain under my ribs on the right side when I cough. Instead of assuming this is viral, (which in my calmer moments I realize) because everyone in my house has been sick, including myself, i just thought I was better, I start looking online for side effects, and of course one of the side effects is muscle pain. I stopped taking the med for a day and am feeling better but this morning just figured it was coincidence and took the blasted pill anyway, now I'm having a panic attack. I keep waiting for something terrible to happen. I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance, and PLEASE, if you've had problems with this drug, don't tell me now, I'll end up in a mental ward.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:38 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User
Re: Please Help! Freaking out over med!

BuSpar is considered a pretty mild drug. It's not going to kill you or endanger your life. Your symptoms were probably viral. I'd try and tough it out and see if you get some relief from the BuSpar; if not, call your doc, explain the situation and you'll likely get a med change. Some of these meds may have uncomfortable side effects (though BuSpar tends to have less than some others), but they are very safe. Nothing terrible is going to happen. The worst thing that will happen is that BuSpar won't work for you and you'll still be anxious, but try and give it a chance. Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2006, 09:05 AM   #3
(female)

cecropia HB User

I've been taking Buspar off and on for 14yrs. never had anything bad happen to me, only good things. I do always have increased anxiety when I first go on, but that goes away after time. I'm on 5mg. 4 times a day. How much do you take at each dose? I've been back on for 12 weeks now, and I'm starting to see results, but slowly. It always takes several weeks to build up in my system before I see results.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:17 AM   #4
(female)

fubaldo HB User

I take 10mg twice a day. I've only been on it just under 4 weeks. Im still not seeing much results, although I've found I can actually sit and finish a television programe, very new for me. Usually I'm up an doing something after about twenty minutes, max.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:22 PM   #5
(female)

cecropia HB User

That's the same as I am taking only mine are broken up into smaller doses at a time. I've been told 20mg. a day is very effective. That's the way Buspar works... very slowly you start to notice things you are doing that you couldn't before because you were too anxious. It's such a slow acting drug that it's hard to appreciate it until you've been on it for several months and then you realize how much it has helped you.

Good luck, sounds like you are doing well so far.

Closed Thread