It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2006, 03:10 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

comeandrelax HB User
hyperventalating

what are your symptoms when you hyperventalate?

for me it seems like when im axious i over breath....not breath fast but just too deep and i get this pressure in my head feeling and i get like a dull ache in the middle of my forehead and i feel the pressure up over my nose too.

i had an inner ear infection last september and i think im still recovering from it since it can take a long time....but i find im not so much dizzy but hyperventating alot.

i notice if i walk around outside ill feel better and if i do anything to take my mind off of it ill tend to feel better. even if its just chew gum or a mint.

anyone else get that? what other symptoms do you get with over breathing? and what do you do to stop it

Old 09-22-2006, 03:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: hyperventalating

I do this pretty often and I think alot of time's I don't even realize im doing it.When I have caught myself I am usualy taking real short quick breaths or hardly breathing at all.I caught myself not even breathing and even been awokened because I stopped breathing.If I have any physical symptoms it is usualy tingling and or numbness in face or limbs.I have fainted in the past and since no other cause has been found in the last 13 years I and doctors contribute it to anxiety/stress and hyperventilation.You can be hyperventilating and not even realize it you feel normal but yet your not breathing properly.What I do is I take real deep breaths in through my nose and let it out slowly through my mouth.I now try to do that daily for about 2 minutes.This is proven to be good for our hearts and for hyperventilators it can help regulate our breathing back to normal.Try it out for even just one minute each day you may become lightheaded while doing so but thats alright it passes.Also of course exercise is great for regulating breathing and eating healthy when possible..fresh RAW veggies and fruits because when we cook the veggies we cook all the good for us stuff out.
take care I hope I was helpful

Last edited by tnmomofive; 09-22-2006 at 03:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2006, 08:54 AM   #3
(female)

smurfy33 HB User

I focus too much on my breathing. I often feel like I can't get a deep breath and it will make my yawn. I sigh a lot, too. I must not breathe correctly. A couple months ago this began to be my "focus" and hasn't let up since. I don't notice it if I'm busy or sleeping so I know mine is all anxiety.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:10 AM   #4
(female)

trucky HB User

I have the exact same symptoms. Right now I am numb from my front teeth all the way to the top of my forehead. I wake in the nite suddenly, and it feels like I'm not breathing, but I'm really dull and just stare, and my body trembles. Ilive alone and have MS, and I call my neighbor and she helps me breathe thru it. But today I am still tingly now at 11AM, and disoriented.

I have no clue, I have had 3 sleep studies which show sudden wake episodes but no significant 02 drop, so what is it? My PCP and neuro say panic or sleep paralysis. Well, so? Then how can I function if I keep waking, unable to talk or get up or think? REALLY frustrated!!!! Suggestions, please, T

Closed Thread