It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2006, 12:56 PM   #1
(female)

daisy25 HB User
please Help! Leg Pain again

Hi Everyone~I am a hypochondriac so every little ache and pain I feel I always think it is a disease. But I was sick for 2 weeks with a virus and was off of my legs for awhile but I was moving them to walk around the house and stuff like that. But I have been having some pains in both my legs. Today I had sharp stabbing pains in my upper right thigh. It went away after a minute. Could this be a blood clot or DVT or something? I am trying not to worry about it but it is scaring me. Can anyone help me? Thank you so much!

Old 09-24-2006, 07:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: please Help! Leg Pain again

daisy I am no doctor but I do experiance the same thing sometimes.I have had the sharp,stabby,achy,burning pains in my legs,left arm,left shoulder,neck,chest.I have had all the innovassive (sp) testing as far as the heart goes and it has all been normal,other then some harmless PVC's (premature ventricular contractions...skips,flutters,quivers etc).I still get the random pains that you speak of off and on.Have you had your heart checked out? When do the pains come on during exercise? sitting? or both?
I try not to worry about it much anymore I think what helped calm me down was having the stress test with echocardiogram.What has you doctor said? Sorry for all the questions but I don't recall if you have had testing done.
I do however believe anxiety can play tons of tricks on our minds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2006, 07:42 AM   #3
(female)

daisy25 HB User

Hi Thank you so much for writing me back it makes me feel so much better that you get this too. I have premature artial contractions and I a couple of months ago I had an echocardiogram done on my heart. The results came back good. But I have the pains mostly when I am sitting down or laying down. When I am walking I don't feel them. They come and go one is on my left knee and it is sharp stabbing pain and the other is in my right leg one pain is on the side of my calf and the other is up by my hip sort of. It's weird the pain will be sharp and stabbing but then it will go away for a little while. But I don't have swelling or any discoloration. I was also sick for 2 weeks and I was laying down on my back alot but it's not like I kept my legs in one position for 8 hours. I would walk around the house or go to the bathroom stuff like that. But I was laying down alot. Could that maybe cause DVT? I am so worried that I have blood clots. My husband says it is because I didn't work my muscles for a long time and maybe they are twitching. But I don't smoke and don't take birth control and I don't think there is a family history of blood clots. Also, I have noticed some pain in my lower back from time to time and lately in my left lower arm. Weird. Do you know what all this could be? Thank you again so much!

Old 09-24-2006, 09:18 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User

I've had three DVTs and one pulmonary embolism. With my DVTs (two of which occurred at the same time, one in each leg) I felt pretty bad pain. My legs felt very heavy, very tight, and worse if I walked. No sharp pain. Usually DVTs occur when there is a constellation of things happening. How immobile were you? If you didn't get out of bed at all, that would be a concern. If you got out of bed walked around, then went back to lie down, that's not as much a concern. If you were totally bed-bound I'd see the doc. If you were just lying around more than normal, but still walking around throughout the day, I wouldn't be concerned. Also, how long ago was this that you were sick and lying down a lot? Blood clots tend to do one of two things rather quickly: they stay where they are and lyse themselves or they do what noone wants them to and move to another part of the body like the lungs. Take care and it sounds like you are fearful of blood clots and just really worried.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:17 PM   #5
(female)

daisy25 HB User

Thank you for writing me back, I really appreciate it. I was sick last week the whole 7 days and I was laying around alot. I always got out of bed but would move downstairs to the couch. I would get up alot to use the bathroom and maybe to go upstairs to check e-mails and grab the mail. But I did lay down alot. I do know my legs were not always in the same position for a couple of hours. I am just really worried but I know that my doctor will think I am being a hypochondriac if I say something. But the I haven't had the pains today but I have had them over the past couple of days. Could they just be muscles twitching since I haven't used them? I am really afraid of blood clots. Thanks again!

Old 09-24-2006, 08:55 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

I have doubts that you have a blood clot after reading circus's responce.Sounds to me like you moved around enough to keep the blood flowing and it was just a week right? I would still ask your doctor about it,not that I think its a clot,but it could be something else probably something simple like your husband sugessted.A doctor's assistent wanted to do a nerve conduction test on me if my stress test came out alright,which it did, but I chickened out lol I hear its painful.Like cookies said and I have heard usualy with DVT the limb would swell up and be hot to the touch I think.Plus you don't experiance any pain while moving see that is how my pains are when im speed walking their is no pain matter of fact I can remember having the pain and then I walked and it went away.Ask your doctor don't worry about sounding like a hypochondriac you might not be able to rest well until you do.

Last edited by tnmomofive; 09-24-2006 at 09:44 PM.

Closed Thread