It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2006, 05:08 AM   #1
(female)

fadingangel HB User
whats going on

i have had a numb left arm ,dizziness ,tingling in face and neck going on a month now i almost passed out many times i went to the hospital they did bloodwork ekg and catscan all came back okay i cant live like this i feel so yucky i am on meds for panic attacks and anxiety could this all be related im scared

Old 09-26-2006, 06:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: whats going on

hi
Are these symptoms there all the time? or do they come and go? I sometimes have numbness in the left side of my face (cheek area) that will last for a week or so off and on.I have had the tingling sensations alot usualy in a limb or limbs.All of this yes could be caused by anxiety feeling you will pass out is also a very common anxiety symptom.Sounds like you have had some good testing done.If you are not satisfied though and continue to worry (another major anxiety symptom) then maybe ask for some further testing.You really probably do not want to keep having tests after test for months to years though I did this only to find nothing and it held back the process of me getting better from the anxiety disorder.So my advice would be maybe a bit more testing like an MRI possibly? I hope you have insurance though they are very costly.I also advice even if you go with a bit further testing to ask about those meds your taking maybe have the dosage adjusted or switch to another since you say they are not working that well.This way if it really is just all anxiety you are not holding back the progress there with getting better and chances are with the right dose/med these symptoms would dissapear and you could then relax in knowing for sure its anxiety.If you keep searching for something else wrong and neglect the anxiety you could be searching for a loooooooong time is what im trying to tell you. GOOD LUCK

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2006, 09:36 AM   #3
(female)

fadingangel HB User

thank you thats made me feel a bit better i had an mri a few yrs ago and it was okay im seeing my therapist next week and ill discuss the meds with her it has been coming and going anywhere from a few hrs to days thank you again

Old 09-26-2006, 09:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

Your welcome I am glad to help and have recieved alot of help from the people of this forum.Your symptoms sound so much like the ones I have been dealing with recently for about the last 5 months only difference is the numbness is in my face yours in your arm......anyway best wishes.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:40 AM   #5
(female)

timetoreclaim HB User

Hi, I've been diagnosed with anxiety disorder.

I have off and on those same symptoms. Dizziness, numbness in left arm and a heavy feeling, numbness in right cheek and ear area, feeling disoriented and as though I might pass out any minute.

I do have a neck injury and have had it checked out by the neurologist and everything with that checked out ok as well as the MRI although it showing the 4 bad disks, it doesn't show anything of an emergency nature. I've also off and on had EKG's with nothing too abnormal of note.

My opinion judging by my own experiences and the results of your tests are that you are waaay too tight and tense and those muscles need to relax. Look up on the net symptoms of tight trapezius muscles and it might give you a clue to what's going on muscle wise.

I would try a meditation cd 3-7 times a week, warm soaks, massage therapy, and some gentle stretches tailored for your neck and shoulder region. See if that gives you some relief, it should.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Leela_C HB User

There are many of us on this board that have issues with dizziness. I also have the tingling in my left arm. That could very well be related to your neck. I have had the dizziness and the tingling for 4 years and that is what caused my anxiety. I have herniated discs in my neck and I'm sure that is what is causing my problems. I get headaches too from it. The meds you are on could also be causing it. I took welbutrin once and was so dizzy I couldn't even stand upright. Did the dizziness start before or after you started taking the meds?

Closed Thread