It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2006, 06:47 AM   #1
(female)

shorty21 HB User
Question For Anyone Who Knows?????

i have been having anxiety problems for about 4 months now, is it normal to have physical symptoms of anxiety for this long even if you are not having an attack????

Old 09-26-2006, 07:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: Question For Anyone Who Knows?????

Yes happens to alot of us...just make sure your doctor knows what your feeling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2006, 08:08 AM   #3
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

i have anxiety feelings all the time, even when im not having a panic attack. it's called generalized anxiety disorder or GAD. you just have it whenever, even when you are not stressed or upset. that's how i have been for about 5 years now. even if im in the best mood ever and nothing is bothering me, ill get anxiety symptoms. i even get them in my sleep. it's pretty terrible.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:03 AM   #4
(female)

shorty21 HB User

thank you so much for your replys it helps trumendasly(sp) its so hard for me to believe some times that i feel this back all the time because of anxiety!! thank you again

Nancy(shorty21)

Old 09-26-2006, 09:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

Yes it does make it tuff to believe shorty.I believe I have a really good hold on my GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) as oppossed to years back and even still somedays when physical symptoms arise out of nowhere I find myself starting to question it all "is this REALLY just anxiety?" Then I have to push those thoughts away and say "Yes it is really anxiety."That is hard to do and believe so I understand the need for a bit of reassurance we all need some time to time.

Old 09-27-2006, 05:36 AM   #6
(female)

anxiousinnj HB User

Hi shorty- how are you doing ? Have you gone to a doc yet about the anxiety ?

Old 09-27-2006, 09:57 AM   #7
(female)

Virgo33 HB User

Hey Shorty,
Yes I have been dealing with this second bout of anxiety for a few months now and can say that I feel bad all the time, I either feel hot or dizzy or spaced out. I have a hard time waking up but usually by evening I feel a little better. I have even woken up nauseous (just yesterday) but as soon as I get going it goes away. I have innermittent attacks but the symptoms last almost constantly. Hang in there and keep telling yourself you are okay, it's the anxiety. As long as you've gone to the doctor and they have said nothing is wrong then you should feel confident that nothing is seriously wrong. Besides, I rationalize it like this: If we are able to be sitting here on our computers and reading about anxiety disorders or posting about them then more than likely we know it's anxiety and we are not so ill that we can't sit here, if it were a real emergency or illness we would be at the hospital or worse. I have to keep reminding myself of that. Especially with the anxiety symptoms I have, like dizziness or foggy-headed and tired all the time, if it was something serious, I think I would know after 3 months of having it. Best of luck to you all.

Closed Thread