It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2006, 02:48 PM   #1
(female)

Laursky HB User
What do you think, i am kinda worried?

Hello everyone. I was diagnosed with anxiety last December and have since been on Zoloft, 50mg daily. The medication has helped so much and I experience virtually no anxiety.

However, about 2 months ago I started getting really bad night sweats about every other evening. I know that antidepressants often cause night sweats, but i can't help but worry about them being caused by something more serious. I am a constant worrier about my health (last december i swore i was having a heart attack every day for about a month before i decided to go to the doctor for my anxiety). do you all think it is probably caused by the meds? i am otherwise in excellent health and don't feel tired or feverish during the day.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User
Re: What do you think, i am kinda worried?

Hi Laursky, hopefully I might be able to calm you down a bit. First, you know that if you read the side effects of Zoloft it says that sweating is a very common side effect. Second, people with anxiety also have night sweats too. Third, I know lots of people that have night sweats that are extremelly healthy. I myself have had night sweats off and on for 4 years, with no apparent cause. I would not get worried about it, especially since you said your in excellent health. Do you think maybe your anxiety is coming back, just a little? On a personal note, I am so glad to hear that the Zoloft has helped you, I just started last night taking it, for my EXTREME anxiety. I was nervous to take it, because I was under the impression it is more for depression, but I can't take myself any longer, haha. I am always worried about some stupid health problem, and if there is no health problem, then it is something else that scares me. I was wondering, did your body take a little while to adapt the Zoloft? Today I have had a headache, stuffy head, dizzy and feeling nauseated. I did read they were common side effects, I am just curious to know how long I will have to suffer them. I couldn't drive anywhere today, which I eventually do need to do. Take Care, and don't worry!! Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2006, 05:52 AM   #3
(female)

Laursky HB User

thanks for your helpful reply. in response to your question, i didn't feel any major side effects when i began taking zoloft, except for slight diarrhea and nightmares (which i thought was strange) but eventually they went away and i personally have had great luck with it. i know that everyone is different though. i hope it works well for you, i know how tough anxiety can be to deal with.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:52 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User

I have had night sweats (and day sweats!) on many of the SSRIs. I think it's probably that. I wouldn't worry about it unless you developed some other symptoms that indicated you were sick. I sometimes wake sweaty in the middle of the night even when I'm not on SSRIs, too. I don't know what that's about!

Old 09-27-2006, 10:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User

Night sweats are also a sign of thyroid dysfunction. Just ask your doc at your next appt to check your blood levels. Also, I am not sure of your age, but pre menepause can start in the early 30s with night sweats being a common complaint...although it might be anxiety related it could be helpful to set an appointment for a talk with your dr. to determine what he/she thinks is causing it. No sense in suffering!
MimGregg

Closed Thread