It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2006, 06:55 PM   #1
(male)

Gimli HB User
Suddenly downhill.

I am here because of my recent Relapse of anxiety.I have had anxeity all my life but have had it under control. I have went 6 years without needing any treatment or meds untill 1 week ago. I've been through it all. Going to the E.R,throwing up,not sleeping,swearing i wouldnt make it till morning you guys no the drill. But the past 6 years have been great maybe 3 or 4 intense panic attacks a year. My anxious nature was always there but kept under control. But the last week has been hell on earth for me. I went from running 4 miles a day 5 days a week to not being able to go up a flight of stairs without holding my chest thinking my heart is gonna pop like a zit.
Its now affected my job which is pretty hard labor that invloves intense strain at times. Now everytime i unload a truck i am gasping for air swearing doom is coming. I can't even walk far from my house much less run, and i can't even do my job because i think its gonna kill me or something. My anxiety is all based around my heart thats why i did so much running to make sure my heart and lungs could handle anything. But in one weeks time i am as bad as i have ever been. its been a week of nonstop torture and panic. I don't know if anyone can help me i just wanted to let you know i'm going through the same thing and maybe it will make someone else feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
(female)

Virgo33 HB User
Re: Suddenly downhill.

Hey Gimli,

I can relate, before my anxiety started this time I was jogging/working out daily, very active, hard worker and very outgoing, fun to be around and didn't mind having the occasional stiff drink after work. Now I can hardly get down the road without feeling like I am going to pass out or stop breathing, I hate going out, won't go to the grocery store hardly ever, even driving is a trip, thank god I only work a couple miles away. I don't even know how I got here from where I was but it sure is frustrating and scary to think that my whole body can change in a matter of days. I know I am still physically capable of working out but I am afraid to over exert myself. Hang in there! We are here for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2006, 07:20 PM   #3
(male)

Gimli HB User

thanx alot. just talking to people helps me. I wish there was something like this years ago when i was 16. Funny thing is my symtoms are the same as yours but i drive a truck for a living. So tommoro i have to drive and move heavy objects. Its just gonna be a rough day. I'll get through it. I always do. After work i'll see my doctor for anxiety for the first time in 6 years. Been a good run. lol

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-27-2006 at 08:09 PM.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:02 PM   #4
(female)

Virgo33 HB User

Yeah just hang in there. Do you know what may have set you off this time? I think I may have mine pinpointed but just not sure. I started having infrequent attacks several months ago but was always able to redirect my thoughts by walking and then about 2 months ago I had dental work done and had to start taking meds which I hate doing and of course just the dentist office makes me nervous but after the dental work I started feeling dizzy and weak and it just went downhill from there to constant anxiety, I had just started a new job, moved into a new house and all was going pretty well until I crashed. So not sure if it was the dental work or the new job or new house or a combination of all of the above but it all started around the same time. I had to change jobs because I felt to self conscience about always having dr's appointments and not feeling right at work, it was a desk job so all I did was sit there all day and think the worst or have to go out for walks to ward off an attack. Even if they understood I felt like no one did so I thought it would be best if I found a less stressful position which came pretty easily, I love my new job and it has helped me somewhat to redirect my attention and it's nice because I pretty much work alone. Anyway, sometimes getting to the root of why the anxiety started helps, but many times we just don't know, especially after years of feeling great. I don't even remember feeling normal anymore sometimes. It takes time but you will get through this. I have an appointment tomorrow to finally get blood work done so maybe that will clear up some of the worries I have about something internal going on. Do you feel sluggish all day sometimes? Or feel hot for no reason or like you are just so worn out that it couldn't possibly just be anxiety? I just have so many off days now that I am not sure how to feel when I do feel ok.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:37 PM   #5
(female)

sugarplum68 HB User

Hi Gimli, I have been suffering anxiety,panic attacks off and on for the last eight years.. When they first started hitting i thought that there was something terribly wrong with me.. At the time i remember thinking that i was going to die.. I went from being healthy to not being able to get out of bed, not being able to leave my house, or not being able to just manage everyday life.. My husband at the time had to do everything around the house, which left me feeling very useless.. I then went and sought medical advice.. I left the doctors knowing that i was suffering with anxiety and panic attacks... I was given medication and was told that stress had alot to do with it..So i then had to start readjusting my life which wasnt very easy because my life had been nothing but stress, but i knew that if i didnt do something i would end up living my everyday in bed, being too frightened to go anywhere, and knowing that my life would never be normal ever again.. It absolutely frightened the living daylights out of me, but once i realized that i was not dying, that i could get my anxiety under control, was when i started doing something to alleviate the horror i was going through..To this very day i still suffer anxiety and panic attacks, but i have done anxiety courses, read a lot of books, seeked counselling, and tried and i stress tried,lol, to get rid of as much stress as i can which is hard because just recently i have just found out that i may have fibromyalgia,which is an autoimmune disease so i am trying to cope with that.. I am not working so that helps, and i try to take time out for myself as much as i can.. I know what it is that you are going through and i understand how it is that you must be feeling, but be reassured that there is help available, doctors, counsellors,meditation courses,anxiety classes, to name a few.. And know that you are not alone.. I wish you good health once again, and remain positive knowing that this can be achieved...

Last edited by sugarplum68; 09-27-2006 at 08:52 PM.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
(male)

Gimli HB User

Again thanx to both of you, Sugarplum and Virgo. Like i said this kinda came out of the blue but was always underneath the surface. Even at points of my life that anxiety attacks were pretty much a non-factor in my life i still had certain things i just had to avoid but i was living 95% the way i wanted untill 1 week ago. now my life is been cut in half. Either way i will get through it some kinda way. Thanx for the help..

Old 09-27-2006, 10:46 PM   #7
(female)

sugarplum68 HB User

Your are welcome Gimli.. Anxiety is not a pleasant thing it can affect our lives, we just need to realize that we can become in control of it, instead of it letting it control us..Because as soon as we do that we can get control back over our lives..Dont be afraid, because fear is its ruler..

Old 09-27-2006, 10:52 PM   #8
(female)

sugarplum68 HB User

And by the way Gimli, take one day at a time, try not to focus on your symptons, which i know is very hard not to do, but put your focus elsewhere and onto other positive things in your life and let those who love you help you...You definately are not alone..

Old 09-28-2006, 05:32 PM   #9
(male)

Gimli HB User

Well i went to the Doctor and actually had a decent day. A few little flare ups but nothing bad. Now i have some meds to take the edge off. I should recover soon. But it will always linger i'm sure. I still can't workout like i was but i'm taking baby steps uno.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:05 PM   #10
(female)

sugarplum68 HB User

Its good that you went to doctors and didnt have too bad of a day...Baby steps are good, as i said just take one day at a time... I know with my anxiety that everything can be going really well but then out of the blue it starts playing up... I have found that if i exert myself too much then that is when my attacks hit... My anxiety stems from a lot of stress and plus it is in my family as well... Yesterday was not a good day for me so i just took time out and relaxed and did absolutely nothing... Today is a better day for me so im up and moving... Am just wondering what medication your doctor put you on? Hoping your day will be better then yesterday and your tomorrow better then today....

Closed Thread