It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2006, 05:16 AM   #1
(female)

lindam72001 HB User
Lexapro question

My husband was suffering from daily panic attacks and extreme anxiety. In the beginning of August he was given Lexapro, first 5mg for 1 week and then bumped to 10 mg. He noticed a huge difference within the first week. Panic disapeared, depression and anxiety lifted, thought life was great again. So for apprx 6-8 weeks life has been good. Now for the past week or so, he has started feeling as though the anxiety is coming back. Don't you know he went to his GI dr and the dr simply stated that sometimes the Lexapro doesn't work! Well now he has it in his head that it probably is not working. This is his first medicine and He is 185% better than he was 8 weeks ago. My question is How do you really know if the medicine is working? I see a huge difference in him, and he needs to realize that taking a pill will not change his life and his problems getting along with co-workers, it will only help him to better deal with his problems. Am I on the right track or should he go back to dr and ask for a medicine change after only this short period of time?

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Serious Question...Lexapro......... himmylover Anxiety 2 04-21-2010 01:52 PM
tiredness with lexapro now to cymbalta?? janart Depression 0 10-10-2008 06:22 PM
one day taking lexapro, then the next cymbalta, is this ok? gorgee Drug Interactions / Side Effects 0 08-30-2008 07:56 AM
Please help with this question about lexapro.... lilsunshine1219 Anxiety 4 09-10-2006 05:39 PM
Increasing Dosage of Lexapro Too Soon? jitteryme Anxiety 7 08-12-2005 07:26 PM