It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2006, 08:00 AM   #1
(male)

hurting333 HB User
Just got off Zoloft...starting Lexapro

I took my last Zoloft pill two days ago. I started at 50mg and went to 100mg of zoloft within a week and the drug beat the crap out of me. I then weaned off within 8 days. I started Lexapro 5mg yesterday and I know others on the board just started. I have a little increase in anxiety which I expected but so far....nothing yet. I am excited to be on Lexapro as it worked wonders for me 3 years ago but then pooped out. I will let you know my improvement. I am using the drug for anxiety only as I do not have depression.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2006, 08:49 AM   #2
(female)

freakin HB User
Re: Just got off Zoloft...starting Lexapro

Hey there! You're going to kill me, but I didn't start yet. We had an event involving alcohol last night and I didn't want to drink within my first couple days on the Lex. Thinking about starting on Monday now. I really waiver though, as sometimes I really am anxiety-free, but then I'll have a few bad days here and there. I don't think I can get through the huge life changes that are coming up without the help though, so I will likely start soon.

How much did you start with? And you're feeling pretty good? Are you going in without benzos?

Good luck! I'm excited for you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2006, 09:06 AM   #3
(male)

hurting333 HB User

I started at 5mg the day after my final 25mg pill of Zoloft. I am taking klonopin .25 every morning. Once I wake up with no anxiety, i will start to get off the klonopin. Today and day 2 and I am am supposed to got to 10mg tomorrow. I will not give advice about getting on Lexapro....what I will tell you that "dont be afraid of it". Like I said before; I am excited that I am one day closer to feeling like my old self. BTW.....Dr.s dont tell you this obviously...but when I feel good, I drink like a fish and have on all my SSRI's

Old 09-28-2006, 09:16 AM   #4
(female)

freakin HB User

I also have drank like a fish in the past on SSRIs. Good to know I'm not alone!

I hope you feel good very very soon.

Closed Thread