It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2006, 02:19 PM   #1
(female)

daisy25 HB User
DVT? Does anyone know about blood clots?

Hi everyone, I posted something about this earlier and I got a couple of responses but I am worried again because I have been having pain in my right leg and the lower part of my leg looks to be bigger than my left leg. But I don't have any ankle or foot swelling. I called my doctor and he told me to get an ultrasound today and that showed that I don't have a blood clot in my leg. Well I am still having some discomfort and pain and didn't know if anyone could tell me if I am overeacting and just being a hypochondriac or if this is really something I should worry about. I am 25 years old and I don't smoke or take the pill but I was off of my feet for about a week. I did get up throughout the day to use the bathroom and walk around a little bit. But I just don't know why my lower leg looks so much bigger. And there is no heat or redness. Could someone help me I keep thinking I am going to have a pulmonary embolism at any moment. Thanks!

Old 09-28-2006, 03:33 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

dollymadison HB User
Re: DVT? Does anyone know about blood clots?

I'm wondering if your leg actually is larger, or if it just seems that way to you because you're worried.

Do you have anyone close to you who could look at your legs and give you an opinion?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

daisy i really do not know but i have had so many of the same symptoms ive seen in your posts.Today i have had the left arm pains all day long off and on and some pvc's.I two have had swelling in my lower legs the left more then the right and I know it was swelling because I could press my thumb into it and hold for about 15 seconds and see an indention after letting up.I had heart tests like you and they were all clear.As far as the lower leg swelling well I was just by my doctor "wed keep an eye on it" yeah whatever lol and she said maybe its due to standing alot which at the time i did more sitting then standing and it doesnt seem to matter it will swell whenever.I thought maybe water retention cause i do get some swelling in my forearms sometimes too i have no real idea though and feel I cant really do a thing about it so I try tojust live and not worry much.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
(female)

daisy25 HB User

Hi thanks for writing me back! I had my husband look at it and he says it is a little bit larger than the other one but my ankle and foot aren't swollen. I had an injury about 4 years ago so now my leg does get bigger than the other one usually when I stand on it for awhile or I am in the hot sun. But it does look that way to me. I tried to measure it and it says it is a tad bit bigger. I don't know why it looks so big to me. I just keep getting the leg cramps and it is really scaring me. Do you know if my leg was really swollen would my ankle and leg be too?

Old 09-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #5
(female)

daisy25 HB User

Hi Tnmomo5~ Thanks for writing me back. That makes me feel so much better! I have been so scared that it is going to turn into a pulmonary embolism or something. I keep having the leg cramps more than normal but the ultrasound shows that there is no clot. But of course I always think they missed something. I have also been having the pains in my arms and left side of my chest. I keep feeling short of breath like there is an elephant on my chest but I think it is because I am thinking about my leg so much. I have so much stress and anxiety right now that I wonder if I am causing all of this achiness and flu like symptoms. Also do you know if it can also swell from getting ready to start my cycle in about a week?

Old 09-28-2006, 04:22 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

Ya know im not sure but I do know recently right before and during my periods I just feel ill fatigued,aches,dizzyness,and general swelling.I am really tired today too my eyes dont even look good ugh that coppled with this left arm pain grrrr .Anyway,maybe it is a possiblility for your swelling your period i mean.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:23 PM   #7
(female)

daisy25 HB User

Hi I just measured my legs and on the bottom the one that I think is swollen is about a half and an inch bigger. But when I measured the top of my legs the one that isn't swollen was bigger on the top by half and inch or so. It looks bigger too. Is this really weird? Shouldn't my leg that is half an inch bigger on the bottom be bigger on the top too? Is something wrong here? I am really worried.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:20 PM   #8
(female)

daisy25 HB User

Hi everyone, now I am also having really sharp pains by my left armpit into my arm. And my armpit feels swollen. Do people ever get clots in their arms? I don't know why I am having all of this physical pain? I can't make it stop and I am scared because I don't know what it is. Please help.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:19 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

Hi again daisy
I had to respond again because I think I have had that same thing in armpit a few times never did check with a doctor but it all went away within a few days time.That was years ago so I thought maybe that would be of some reassurance.......hang in there

Last edited by tnmomofive; 09-28-2006 at 08:20 PM.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:59 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

lylone HB User

You mentioned leg cramps and arm pain and I wonder if your potassium levels are low. Ask the doctor to check your levels in your blood. I take Potassium on a regular basis because I have issues with leg cramps and "charley horses" since I was in my teens and as long as I take Potassium or eat bananas I have no issues. My boyfriend had some problems with leg cramps also, and he is on potassium as well and has no problems. Also, drinking water helps a lot too. Don't take too much Potassium or else it will effect your liver. If your stool becomes black and tarry, call your doctor while your on Potassium.
Also, blood clots run in families, so I would check your family history. I have a 90 year old grandmother who complains of leg pain all the time, and they have yet to find a blood clot.
I would say its probably anxiety, even the chest pain you mention I have too, but a quick blood pressure check reassures me that I am fine.

good luck,
lyl

Old 09-29-2006, 06:21 AM   #11
(female)

daisy25 HB User

Thanks everyone for writing me back I really appreciate it. I don't think blood clots run in my family at all, especially not my immediate family. But I just had blood work done alot of it they said they checked the basics like cbc counts and all of my levels but they didn't say anything about potassium. Would they have known to check for that or does that always come up in regular blood work do you know? The doctor said I should try flexerall to help with the muscle pains but has anybody heard of that? The pain in my arm and side have been there for a few days and I noticed that everything hurts worse at night. But I have been under so much stress and anxiety it is probably just making me physically sick. I don't know if I should call my doctor about the pains in my arm because I think after just having had an ultrasound done on my leg he is going to either laugh at me or get mad for wasting his time. What do you guys think?

Old 10-01-2006, 03:43 PM   #12
(female)

daisy25 HB User
DVT? Does anyone know about blood clots?

Hi I had posted this a couple of days ago because I have been so worried about having blood clots in my legs from laying around alot. But I have also been having pain in on the left side of my chest up towards my collarbone. It was going into my arm but seems to be mainly in my upper chest. It also hurts a little when I breathe in. It isn't sharp pain right now just a dull ache like a pulled muscle or something. But it's been almost 4 days. Should I be worried this is a blood clot? My doctor says all of this is anxiety and stress. How do I know if it is muscles or something else really bad? I have been worrying about this for days. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Old 10-02-2006, 07:25 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Leela_C HB User

I just read through this whole post because I had my scare with blood clots a while back. I have a blood clotting disorder that makes me prone to blood clots so that really freaked me out to find that out. Just to let you know - one of my calves is larger than the other. Our bodies our not perfectly symmetrical. I have plenty of instances of that. Plus, if you had an ultrasound of your leg, I really don't think you have anything to worry about. If you have seen your doctor about the chest pain and he/she says it is anxiety, then it probably is. But if you haven't seen your doctor, you probably should just to make sure. I have been through the same fear as you where I had calf pain and chest pain and I was sure a blood clot from my leg traveled up to my lung. Not the case for me, and I'm sure it isn't for you either.

Flexeril is a muscle relaxer. If you take it, just make sure you take it before you go to bed because it will knock you out. I have taken it before for neck pain and it did help me a little bit. I didn't have any side effects from it, unless I took it too late and didn't sleep long enough, but then I was just tired.

I hope you feel better!

Closed Thread